The Discovery Diversity Programme is an amazing opportunity for students from underrepresented groups, who are 2 years out from graduation, to be assessed for, and to apply to join, our Summer Internships in 2024 before anyone else.
It’s the chance to learn about a career at Barclays, the chance to find out a lot about the business world and to discover a bit about yourself. And, as you’ll gain a good understanding of the full selection of roles and opportunities we offer, it’s a perfect stepping stone to one of our internships.
Every day, corporations worldwide come to Barclays for our banking expertise. We help drive global commerce by providing comprehensive financial, advisory and capital-raising services. Our bankers advise on everything from privatisations and mergers and acquisitions to debt and equity financings and restructuring.
What you can expect
- Program Dates: March 2nd - 3rd 2023
- Join seminars and workshops, where you’ll learn about financial services, your chosen business area, the recruitment process and Barclays as an employer.
- Participate in specific breakout sessions for your business area, where you'll gain insights of what you can expect from the Summer Internship in 2024.
- Build your understanding of the assessment process and next steps.
- Connect with people from across our business, including current graduates who have already made the journey that you are starting out on.
- Attend dedicated networking sessions with senior leaders and graduates aligned to your chosen business area.
- Explore the various Barclays D&I networks.
- On the 2nd day of the programme, you can be assessed for the 2024 summer internship by taking part in 2 interviews.
What we look for
- You are Sophomore graduating between December 2024 and June 2025.
- You can be studying any degree discipline.
- You are curious to understand how a global bank adapts in a constantly evolving environment.
Please note that the program will take place in person in our New York City office. This application is to indicate interest in our Atlanta, Georgia office. If selected, your interviews would be virtual with members from the office that you are applying for.
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.