Ayr and Kilmarnock
As a Barclays Community Associate, you will be at the forefront of the relationship between Barclays and your local community. This is a new role within Barclays to ensure we manage the needs of our customers whilst driving community focus. You’ll need to have a good grasp of what the local community needs but also drive ideas of growth and development. Travelling is key within this role around local sites. You’ll have the opportunity to build relationships members of the public and important local figures.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
Colleagues who perform ‘onsite’ roles will spend four or five days a week working onsite, depending on the requirements of their role and business area. Please discuss the working pattern requirements for the role you are applying for with the hiring manager. Please note that as we continue to embed our hybrid working environment, we remain in a test and learn phase, which means that working arrangements may be subject to change on reasonable notice to ensure we meet the needs of our business.
What will you be doing?
• Being a passionate ambassador for Barclays, working face to face, virtually and independently - predominantly in Barclays Local sites and out in the community
• Providing value add services to Barclays customers and growing the Barclays brand in the local community
• Building relationships with key stakeholders in the local community and taking steps towards Barclays becoming the best loved local brand in the community
• Using your local ecosystem knowledge and entrepreneurial mindset to communicate with relevant private, public, educational sectors
• Adding measurable value through your expertise on a range of topics such as digital confidence, money mentoring and financial planning
• Providing assistance to existing and new customers, including vulnerable customers, to drive up digital engagement and financial well-being
• Organising and running 121 coaching and mentoring as well as large scale events in schools and other community locations
• Ensuring that the right outcomes are consistently delivered with an enhanced level of empathy and conversational skills
What we’re looking for:
• Experience of operating in a customer-obsessed role and passionate about delivering exceptional customer outcomes
• Confident with social media and local marketing
• Knowledge of financial products and able to assist and guide customers on their banking needs
• Experience of building external and internal relationships through good rapport, trust, and social skills
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Experience of working in a Customer Care role
• Experience of proactively developing relationships to support and educate both colleagues and customers
• Experience of shaping, challenging, and changing processes, propositions, and services to deliver better outcomes
• Knowledge of financial industry regulators
Where will you be working?
You’ll be based within local sites in and around Ayr and Kilmarnock. You will need to travel between sites within your working day.