Office Manager / Executive Admin
As a Barclays Office Manager /Executive Admin, you will have the opportunity to ensure all functions, initiatives, and priorities support the Barclays Boston branch operations & Personnel. Being an Office Manager, you will also be accountable for continuous improvement and organization of daily events support of the front office staff.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, established in 1690, with a legacy of success, quality, and innovation. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
Colleagues who have applied for 'onsite' roles are expected to work four or five days a week at the selected workplace, contingent upon their specific role and business area requirements. If you're applying for a position, please discuss the working pattern specifics with the hiring manager. It's important to note that we are constantly adapting our working environment, and as a result, working arrangements can be adjusted with reasonable notice to align with our business needs.
What will you be doing?
• Processing invoices & sponsorships, as well as all expenses (both credit card and cash receipts) within the T&E guidelines and deadlines
• Screening calls and acting on information received while ensuring all calls are answered in a professional manner and messages are taken accurately
• Accounting for the extensive organization of internal & external meetings, including booking meeting rooms/hospitality/VC facilities
• Liaising both internally and externally via email and telephone with other EA’s
• Working within the T&E policy when booking travel and arranging logistics in association with any travel, including arranging visas
• Registering all internal and external guests into the building guest portal as well as liaise w/ Barclays Security
• Leading and managing team distributions lists on behalf of team, raising GEPOC requests through the internal system, and overseeing catering orders
• Taking ownership of tasks and seeing through to conclusion
What we’re looking for:
• Administrative experience with travel, organizing meetings
• Excellent social, written, and verbal communications skills
• Ability to manage and prioritize tasks with a great attention to detail in a fast-paced office environment
• Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to maintain confidential information
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Adaptability and resilience
• Great attitude towards ownership of tasks
Where will you be working?
You will be working from our Investment Bank located at 125 High Street, a three-building development, located within a block of the hub of Boston’s bustling Financial District. The 30-story office tower is adjacent to Boston’s Central Artery Tunnel, otherwise known as the Big Dig. The fantastic views of downtown Boston and the harbor, combined with proximity to Interstate 93, the Massachusetts Turnpike and South Station, make it one of the most desirable buildings in the area. You will benefit from direct access to 25 acres of public gardens, as well as nearby highway ramps.