Senior Client Oversight Manager
Date live: Dec. 24, 2019
Reference Code: 90249036
Business Area: Barclays UK
Area of Expertise: Finance
Senior Client Oversight Manager
An exciting opportunity has risen for a Senior Client Oversight Manager, in this role you working within our Barclays Partner Finance division and will be accountable for ensuring the bank has appropriate visibility, transparency and insight into the risks it is exposed in relation to clients selling Finance on behalf of BPF, and the measures required to mitigate these risks.
What will you be doing?
• Owning and maintaining the client financial promotions oversight framework across BPF
• Effectively managing stakeholders, proactively and effectively building strong Internal and external / client relationships
• Ensuring all policies in relation to Regulation, Compliance and Legal are fully adhered to at all times
• Conducting assurance of key client controls, including sector reviews
• Undertaking independent Quality Assurance of client engagements and client performance
• Conducting client visits for oversight purposes
• Owning client action plans through to completion as per the documented incident management plan, including root cause analysis as part of issue management
What we’re looking for:
• Experience in owning financial promotions oversight models, in approving financial promotions for the sale of consumer credit products.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills: Able to communicate complex and detailed topics to a wide audience in a simple manner
• Ability to build and maintain good working relationships with a range of stakeholders including the Senior Leadership team internally and BPF clients
• A creative thinker who is able to support business risk owners to identify creative control solutions
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Strong level of financial promotions knowledge and experience
• Strong level of assurance framework management
• Experience of managing controls oversight framework, driven by the effective use of MI and analysis
• Proven experience of presenting complex matters and recommendations to influence senior stakeholders and forums#
Where will you be working?
In the heart of the Historic City Centre which is easily accessible by train or car. Home to the Welsh Rugby team and the Principality Stadium. The city centre has undergone a number of redevelopment projects, including St. David's 2, which extended the shopping district southwards, creating 100 new stores and a flagship John Lewis, the only branch in Wales and the largest outside London.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
We will consider applications from job share applicants.