You have not viewed any jobs yet.
Our customer service colleagues are at the forefront of our obsession with customers - and right now our customers need us more than ever. They need colleagues who are understanding, committed, and take ownership of their development. Because when our colleagues are learning, they can adapt to our customers changing needs and support them when they need us the most - from life's little moments to the big ones.
Nov. 24, 2023
COO & Functions
Relationship Management / Sales
Customer Service Advisor
Salary - £23,500 per annum plus excellent benefits including: Private Medical Care including GP services, Life assurance covering x8 times basic salary, Pension Contribution up to 12%, 25 days holiday allowance plus bank holidays, with the option of buying or selling 5 days per year, plus many more benefits
Shift - 35hrs per week, rotating between 7am-11pm Monday to Sunday
As a Barclays Customer Service Advisor, you will get an exciting opportunity to be on the frontline to serve customers and address the more complex needs with a focus on achieving the best outcomes for our customers and clients. For this role, you will be recognising the needs of our customers as you take ownership of your own personal development, while we notice and support your ambitions. Get this chance to grow your skills and develop into leadership roles being a Barclays Customer Service Advisor.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, established in 1690, with a legacy of success, quality, and innovation. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
Colleagues who have applied for ‘onsite’ roles are expected to work four or five days a week at the selected workplace, contingent upon their specific role and business area requirements. If you’re applying for a position, please discuss the working pattern specifics with the Hiring Manager. It’s important to note that we are constantly adapting our working environment, and as a result, working arrangements can be adjusted with reasonable notice to align with our business needs.
What will you be doing?
• Working collaboratively as a team across multiple channels, personalising each interaction with a customer, and providing backing and outcomes to best suit the customers’ needs
• Being responsible for fulfilling customer requests whilst demonstrating professionalism and empathy to ensure each customer is valued
• Demonstrating understanding of our processes/policies to ensure that customers are confident in our colleagues, and knowing when to escalate where appropriate
• Educating each customer on a range of products and services as well as the different channels they can utilize to engage with us directly
• Investigating emotive and complex customer and client queries, concerns, and complaints related to an extensive range of products
• Engaging in a fast-paced environment, reviewing relevant information, and making decisions and actions
• Taking inbound calls at times and listening to customers’ specific circumstances while tailoring the relevant solutions to their needs
What we’re looking for:
• Excellent communication and empathy skills, with the ability to use a range of communication styles to provide a personal approach
• A genuine passion for helping others with a customer centric mindset
• The ability to educate our customers on a range of products and services
• Proficiency in fraud investigation, processes and systems reviewing relevant information and making decisions and actions
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Ability to work seamlessly as part of a team but also to their own initiative
• Proven ability to use Microsoft Office to a high standard
• Experience in Retail Banking is desired but not essential, as we are looking for people that are passionate about customer service
Where will you be working?
You will be based in one of our Branches which are the heart of Barclays. Branches are changing both in the way they look and the way our colleagues work in them. We aim to have someone on hand to help our customers with their banking needs from the moment they walk in, creating an exquisite customer experience, face to face, while using technology to create the quickest, most seamless experience for them.
However high you rise at Barclays, we believe all our employees should receive a competitive package of core benefits flexible to you and your family’s needs. At Barclays, you’ll support our customers and clients, and we’ll support you with rewards that will genuinely make a difference.
Do you have what it takes to join our contact centre team?
We're looking for people with these key traits.
Deciding on your next career step is a big decision, why not take our quiz to find out if this opportunity is right for you?Take our quiz
This is the spirit of Barclays. It’s why we exist, what we believe and how we behave. But most importantly, it’s how we make decisions, take action and get things done.
We exist to provide responsible finance to people and business – but also a whole lot more.
We believe great talent RISES. It acts with Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We discover our full potential through our desire to Empower, Challenge and Drive each other.
You get exposed to really supportive and intelligent people that push you to be your best self.
It's great to be surrounded by so much technical talent, but also people through a variety of functions. And I feel like I thrive because there's so much opportunity to network.
There's really a lot of impactful work you can do day to day. You get to work with really senior engineers on a daily basis and you learn a lot from working with them.
I can reach out to anybody and know that I will be able to find mentorship, support and just a community at Barclays as well.
We're committed to providing a supportive and simplified experience for our candidates throughout the application and assessment process. Here, you will find information about what to expect and some guidance around your assessment and interview.
While the application process depends on the role, there are some constant steps, which are;
Step 1 - Your application
Step 2 - Your assessment
Step 3 - Your interview
Step 4 - Next steps
We aim to create an inclusive work environment where everyone can reach their full potential. If you require any adjustments to our recruitment process, please let us know as part of your application.
Find out more information here.
Barclays offers a diverse, inclusive and engaged culture. A place where people can bring their whole selves to work and be respected for who they are, valued for what they do and celebrated for their contribution to our business and our community.
We are an equal opportunity employer and opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.