Date live: 06/30/2020
Reference Code: 90258005
Business Area: COO & Functions
Area of Expertise: Technology
- Responsible for technical design, development & delivery of ETL technology (Informatica as well as Ab Initio)
- Understanding the overall purpose of the project and contribute in design, development, testing and maintenance.
- Coordinating delivery with the team and ensuring quality of delivery.
- Provide guidance and leadership for Design and Build in Implementation of ETL projects.
- Involve in test phases and work towards early resolution of defects and ensuring permanent fix
- Effective liaison with GTIS (infrastructure), GTS and other engineering teams
- Technical Design, Develop and Implement Change Requests (CR) from Business
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Barclays Operational Risk Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Standards
- Will work very closely with key business & data analysts and technology teams
- Candidate should excel in Informatica and Ab Initio, relational database design and development, and UNIX shell scripting.
- Design and Development
- Technical Design and development of ETL services /components using Ab Initio
- Understand the end to end architecture and process flow
- Understand Business requirement and involvement in design discussions
- Work with the business analysts and data analysts to evaluate data requirements, and propose optimal solutions and delivery approaches that meet those requirements.
- Work with the team and take responsibility for the timely implementation of the solution.
- Result oriented approach with ability to solve issues
- Proficient in performance improvement & fine-tuning ETL implementations
- Conduct code reviews across projects. Takes responsibility for ensuring that build and code adhere to architectural and quality standards and policies.
- Functional knowledge of AML.
- Assist Delivery manager in managing expectation of the stakeholders and provide regular status updates
- Able to lead technical discussions in ETL - Ab Initio
- Works with relevant Technology project managers and solution architects / lead solutions architect, responsible for ensuring that the technical deliverables are consistent with the original solution specified by the technology office and BIIS.
- Adhering to Barclays policy and standards
- Status reports sent out to all relevant stakeholders on a timely basis
- Building and maintaining an expert understanding of the various stages of software development, enhancements, and support
- Providing guidance and assistance to colleagues
- Identifying and implementing areas of improvement for self and team.
- Excellent written and oral communication with extensive experience in financial services or highly regulated industry
- Relevant years of experience with Informatica, Ab Initio, Database and UNIX.
- Appropriate experience as an ETL developer, lead or other similar role and exposure in Banking domain with Business retail knowledge
- Ability to understand, analyse & document complex processes, features and stories
- Demonstrated ability to communicate technical solutions clearly to Management, business users, business analysts/data analysts and technology teams.
- Financial Crime or Compliance experience is preferred
- Experience in Anti Money Laundering (AML) domain
What you get in return
However high you rise at Barclays, we believe all our employees should receive a competitive package of core benefits flexible to you and your family’s needs. At Barclays, you’ll support our customers and clients, and we’ll support you with rewards that will genuinely make a difference.
Competitive holiday allowance
Private medical care
To be successful in Barclays Technology, there are a few things we look for. Creativity, curiosity, and an excitement of what we can offer, and what you can do here.
We really love to code. And we love to make that code work for our millions of global customers. Built in a way that makes life simpler. For you, that means reinventing what money means to the world. It means going that step further to develop something that can handle millions of trades or millions of transactions a day. It’s a big responsibility. Are you ready to rethink your future?
Barclays workforce of the future
Financial services is going through a massive transformation, and here at Barclays we’re leading the way. People are our greatest asset. And that’s why we give our colleagues the opportunity and space to explore their ideas, and innovate on a global scale.
Find out more about what our leaders think the Barclays workforce of the future will look like.
"Working here makes me feel supported, valued, recognised, appreciated and has given me plenty of opportunities to grow."
ETL Developer in Market Risk, Glasgow
"Barclays is a great place to work because the teams here have a very positive energy to them. There is a lot of camaraderie and team spirit here."
Engineering Lead, Fraud Detection, Whippany
"One of my favourite things about working for Barclays is the freedom to explore different technical solutions to a variety of problems. It's a great way of expanding my knowledge and keeps me on my toes!"
Java Developer, Glasgow
"I’m really pleased with the work I’ve done so far. Because Barclays relies on technology to provide services that are so important to millions of people, we value quality over quantity, especially in software design."
Wolf Team, Prague
You have not saved any jobs yet
You have not viewed any jobs yet