ETF Market Maker
Date live: Nov. 20, 2020
Reference Code: 90273332
Business Area: COO & Functions
Area of Expertise: Investment Banking
Job Title: ETF Market Maker
The person in this role will be responsible for the delivery of assigned activities within operations ensuring all necessary requirements are met, making operational decisions to maximise performance and always operating within the risk and control framework of the bank. Establish and maintain good working relationships with other teams, departments and third parties whilst acting as a point of reference and guidance for other members of the team. The individual will be responsible for providing guidance and recommending solutions for the challenges faced by the team.
- Be responsible for the delivery of assigned activities ensuring all necessary requirements are met within SLA, making operational decisions to maximise performance.
- Responsible for performing quality assurance check on the team’s work.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with other departments.
- Act as a point of reference or guidance for the Analysts and SMEs in the team.
- Carry out problem solving, investigating and progressing complex queries escalated by the team and other stakeholders.
- Ensure accuracy and attention to detail for all team outputs
- Supervise the team’s day to day activities (as appropriate), ensuring that they are completed accurately and in a timely manner. This will include oversight of checklists and internal controls; fostering a strong risk management culture within the team.
- Assist the team in defining and implementing new processes and be proactive in driving efficiencies across the business.
- Relevant professional experience within the financial services industry in one or more of the following areas - Account and Settlement Instruction, Client Onboarding, KYC, Middle Office, Settlements or Reconciliation.
- A detailed understanding of settlements (instructions and execution) and their application to the trades, account opening and maintenance and trade lifecycle.
- A detailed understanding of settlement instructions and its application to the trades, account opening and maintenance and trade lifecycle.
- Knowledge in market wide platforms like Omgeo Alert, FX ALL, SSI Search, Atlas /GBS etc
- Good understanding of risk and control framework in markets environment and practical experience in managing risk incidents.
- Educated to a minimum of degree level or equivalent supplemented industry recognised qualifications.
- Experience in leading smaller teams
- Advanced MS Excel and MS Office skills with an understanding of databases and data analysis tools.
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with us.
More about working at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Wherever we are in Barclays, whatever we do, we are united and guided by one common purpose: creating opportunities to rise. Because we know that when we help our customers, clients, colleagues and society to rise, Barclays will rise with them.
Our values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship are fundamental to who we are, and they really matter. They have always shaped the way we’ve done things, and they will always shape the way we work and live, now and in the future.
Barclays offers a diverse, inclusive and engaged culture. A place where people can bring their whole selves to work and be respected for who they are, valued for what they do and celebrated for their contribution to our business and our community.
We are an equal opportunity employer and opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Dynamic Working is a flexible approach to working. Dynamic Working empowers each of us to work in a way that suits ours lives, so we can better serve our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer; whether you need study time or ‘me’ time, Dynamic Working is designed to help you balance your life.