Job Title :Markets Business Control Manager - VP
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Risk and Control Objective
Take ownership for managing risk and strengthening controls in relation to the work you do
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
Structured hybrid role:
At Barclays, we offer a hybrid working experience that blends the positives of working alongside colleagues at our onsite locations, together with working from home. We have a structured approach where colleagues work at an onsite location on fixed, ‘anchor’, days of the week, for a minimum of two days a week or more, as set by the business area (or nearest equivalent if working part-time hours). Please discuss the working pattern requirements for the role you are applying for with the hiring manager. Please note that as we continue to embed our hybrid working environment, we remain in a test and learn phase, which means that working arrangements may be subject to change on reasonable notice to ensure we meet the needs of our business.
• Driving high quality risk management in line with strategy, regulation, Group frameworks, policies and standards to sustain and continuously strengthen the control environment and culture.
• Providing input, challenge and risk management expertise across Product, Process, Service and Control landscape and to ensure Enterprise Risk management frameworks are implemented and managed effectively.
What will you be doing?
• Control Governance: Organise and lead Control governance forums. Leverage use of data and analytics to ensure Control Forums are insightful and conversations risk focused, while also overseeing the Controls framework.
• Process and Procedure Management: Provide Control SME input to ensure complete processes appropriately designed and fit for purpose, including Business and regulatory changes. Lead implementation of Risk & Controls Self-assessment process, manage escalations related to Risk Events, Issues & EUDAs
• Thematic & Targeted Reviews: Undertake thematic/targeted reviews requiring specialist knowledge in line with business risk profile/priorities. Establish and deliver on proactive risk management processes, including but not limited to horizon scanning, read across of external risk events and regulatory matters
• Incident Management: Provide SME input to incidents and post incident reviews. Perform analysis of historic events and external events and aid in driving a proactive risk management culture
• Simplification & Automation: Identify opportunities and co create solutions to simplify and automate CCO processes. Support in embedding a stewardship culture of simplification, automation and data analytics.
• People Management: Develop direct reports’ skills and performance through training & coaching, monitor their performance to ensure they meet required standards of conduct and performance and providing feedback on areas for improvement
What we’re looking for:
• Proven expertise in development and execution of strategies relating to Risk management
• Good relationship building, networking, negotiation and influencing skills.
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Strong project and change management skills
• Excellent decision making & execution skills
• Excellent time management and prioritisation skills.
• Strong data analytical and quantitative skills
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Chartered Accountant/ Certified Internal Auditor/ CPA or equivalent qualification in Auditing or Risk Management with experience; Graduate / Post Graduate with atleast total years of experience.
• Good understanding of front to back processes across diverse Banking businesses
• Experience in Control Business Partnering, Controls Assurance and Risk Management, covering governance, control frameworks and processes, and other key aspects of operational risk management.
• Extensive experience in senior stakeholder management, ability to communicate internal control concepts clearly in a business context. Ability to manage reporting lines and relationships across multiple disciplines.
• Understanding and application of Data science and analytics
• Sound commercial judgment and overall understanding of the Financial Services Industry, particularly the business impact of the regulatory environment.
• Experience of designing, communicating & implementing internal control policies.
• Proficient in use of MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Hands on experience in designing and delivering on Data analytics
Where will you be working?
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Purpose, Values and Mindset
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Our Mindset shapes how we take action, living by our Values, driven by our Purpose, always with our customers and clients at the heart of what we do; our Mindset is to Empower, Challenge and Drive.
Trust and support each other to deliver. Make decisions with those closest to the topic. Include diverse perspectives. Celebrate success and learn from failure.
Question whether things can be done better. Use insights based on data to inform decisions. Be curious about how we can adapt and improve. Speak up and be open to alternative viewpoints.
Focus on outcomes. Deliver with pace. Be passionate and ambitious about what we do. Take personal responsibility. Actively build collaborative relationships to get things done.