Job Title:SecProd WL Server Side Developer
Hiring manager/function: Engineer/Developer – Mid-range level
An Engineer/Developer designs, runs and improves software that meets user needs.
They are responsible for writing clean, secure code following a test-driven approach. They create code that is open by default and easy for others to reuse.
What will you be doing?
- Take ownership of the deliverables of each iteration, ensuring the scope of the project/deliverables is well understood.
- Interact with the testing team to ensure adequate tests are in place for deliverables under development.
- Perform code reviews to ensure implemented functionality matches expectations and is in line with coding standards defined globally.
- Play an active role in mentoring/coaching/training and development of team members.
What we’re looking for:
- Tech skills: Core Java, Spring , Unix, Solace, Database
- Having experience as a developer
- Very Strong understanding of Object Oriented Design using Java
- Hands on experience in JEE frameworks e.g. Spring, Unix & strong understanding of Messaging concepts and technologies like Solace
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Skills in analysing business processes, supporting trading applications and recommending improvements
- Good command over the relevant design patterns and concepts covering failover and resiliency
- Must be able to communicate effectively with business and IT; should have good presentation skills.
- Good analytical skills and ability to use them in multiple user and IT environments globally
Where will you be working?
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with us.