Date live: Feb. 07, 2020
Reference Code: 90249613
Business Area: Barclays UK
Area of Expertise: Credit, Mortgages & Lending
Westwood Business Park Coventry
As Assurance Advisor you will undertake detailed testing activity through a combination of call observations; review of supporting paperwork and direct contact with customers used to assess the business quality; identify regulatory issues & materiality of customer risk in relation to mortgage & protection advice. Seeking to continually promote treating customer’s fairly principles by identifying emerging customer risks.
What will you be doing?
• You will through call observations and a review of supporting paperwork, consistently test the understanding and application of policies, process and sales standards.
• Providing insight on what advisers should do differently to enhance the customer experience and calling out training & development requirements.
• Gaining a full understanding of the customer’s personal circumstances to recommend and present mortgage and protection solutions to best suit their needs
• You will be accountable for any key risk decisions made and supporting the delivery of all reporting where required
• Supporting the evolving knowledge and requirements from the FCA and BUK and have an awareness of the current external risk environment in financial services
What we’re looking for:
• Must have a full Certificate in Mortgage Advice and Practice (CeMAP) or Mortgage Advice Qualification (MAQ)
• Strong risk analysis & decision making skills with ability to probe customer to establish risk
• Must have good relationship management skills to engage with internal stakeholders to facilitate process
• A proven track record of success in regulated tasks and a track record of success in meeting customer needs
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Good understanding of the regulated financial services environment
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to overcome challenges
• Expertise in use of IT systems and associated applications
Where will you be working?
You will be bases at the Longwood Close Westwood Business Park Coventry West Midlands
Interested and want to know more about Barclays?Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the Hiring Manager.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with us. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
We will consider applications from job share applicants