Job Title: Assistant VP - SM&D -Global Markets
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Risk and Control Objective
Take ownership for managing risk and strengthening controls in relation to the work you do
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life.
If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Colleagues who perform ‘onsite’ roles will spend four or five days a week working onsite, depending on the requirements of their role and business area. Please discuss the working pattern requirements for the role you are applying for with the hiring manager. Please note that as we continue to embed our hybrid working environment, we remain in a test and learn phase, which means that working arrangements may be subject to change on reasonable notice to ensure we meet the needs of our business.
Quant-developer working within the SM&D team, designing, and developing reusable frameworks to underpin our market analytics, execution strategies and models, pricing, hedging, pre/post trade analytics.
Our purpose is to create best in class business logic used in the underlying electronic liquidity offering for clients along with any associated analytics.
You will be involved in the full lifecycle from requirements gathering, design, implementation, productionisation, optimisation, monitoring and second line support.
What will you be doing?
• Enhancing/Maintaining Agency Execution Platform (called Gator) – critical client facing product handling large volumes of FX orders every day
• Provide best in class service to Barclays clients
• Design of frameworks and functionality for development of trading algorithms
• Closely working with Quants and Developers in London and Singapore for implementation, testing, and productionisation of system features and bugfixes
• System tuning and optimisation
• Analysis of and improvements to algorithm performance
• Proactive identification and resolution of problems and issues
• Provision of required high quality support in timely manner
• Participation in team peer reviews of code, modelling and testing
• Participation in team knowledge sharing and presentations
What we’re looking for:
• 5+ years of hands-on programming experience in Quant’s development
• Extensive experience of Java in a shared codebase
• Prior experience with algorithms or eTrading business logic
• Graduation or master’s degree from reputed institution in a quantitative, mathematical or scientific discipline
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Previous experience of developing Agency Execution Platform in any asset class
• Domain understanding of FX products and trading
• Knowledge of low latency and event driven programming
• Knowledge of Python, kdb+/Q languages
Where will you be working?
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Purpose, Values and Mindset
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Our Mindset shapes how we take action, living by our Values, driven by our Purpose, always with our customers and clients at the heart of what we do; our Mindset is to Empower, Challenge and Drive.
Trust and support each other to deliver. Make decisions with those closest to the topic. Include diverse perspectives. Celebrate success and learn from failure.
Question whether things can be done better. Use insights based on data to inform decisions. Be curious about how we can adapt and improve. Speak up and be open to alternative viewpoints.
Focus on outcomes. Deliver with pace. Be passionate and ambitious about what we do. Take personal responsibility. Actively build collaborative relationships to get things done.