Job Title Consumer Risk Analyst
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life.
If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager. and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances These requests will be reviewed and agreed for a period of time i.e., will have a start and end date.
Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
The role is for UNSECURED Team. Majorly, team manages risk analytics for BI, BUK, CA CL portfolio. It is dynamic both in terms of administration and work. The person will have individual responsibilities and deliverables. It will be needed to perform BAU and also to scope, support and drive the execution of strategic projects to support business and regulatory requirements including BCBS239 and IFRS9. Development, standardization and delivery of Capital and Risk Information aided by valuable portfolio insights to help portfolio analysts, senior Risk Managers, Group Risk, Barclays Board and Regulators make informed decisions in compliance with Regulatory and Group Risk Policies. BAU will involve reporting and development activities across the team with requirement to support Project and Technology teams in activities such as documentation of reporting processes, building Barclays Bureau and other data initiatives, enhancements to existing controls and the implementation of these into BAU.
What will you be doing?
Portfolio MI Reporting (35%)
• Help ensure regular delivery of standardised Risk Information packs to agreed stakeholders.
• Adhere to completeness, accuracy and timeliness principles of Risk Data Aggregation and Reporting.
• Optimal mix of automation and portfolio insights so as to ensure that Risk Information is consistent, accurate and actionable.
• Provide accurate Risk Information in compliance with Group and regulatory requirements
• Development of new Risk Information suites, datamarts and self-serve utilities as required
Strategic Projects (25%)
• Execution of key strategic and regulatory projects including BCBS239 and IFRS9 within RIS
• Understand portfolio requirements and contribute to enhanced risk analysis through sustained interaction and collaboration with the stakeholders
• Implement key internal Projects to support portfolio and overall RIS requirements
• Carry out investigations, reconciliations and analysis to explain trends, outliers, peaks and troughs demonstrating high data and information quality
• Improving Internal Processes/ Quality (20%)
• Identify new opportunities for enhancing/ streamlining capital and risk information service
• Develops new and innovative reporting to deliver improved insight in an efficient manner that meets the needs of stakeholders.
• Evolves reporting requirements to meet changing business needs and continually seeks process improvement opportunities and recommend solutions.
• Initiatives to improve and automate processes to minimize errors and reduce effort
Management of Data (15%)
• Supporting the management, testing and governance of changes to specific databases (for example changes to existing queries/ new queries)
• Data quality management and monitoring testing and development of Barclays Bureau, BIW2.0 & Actuate based Reporting utilities
Governance and Control (5%)
• Comply with the Capital and Risk Information services governance framework, change management requirements, EUDA and process review requirements and BCBS239 compensating control requirements.
• Ensure stakeholders are engaged and sign-off all relevant documents
What we’re looking for:
• Proficient in SAS, Tableau, Alteryx, SQL
• Prior exposure to working on data structures for retail banking products
• Strong communication skills and ability to explain complex issues to a wide range of stakeholders
• Proficient with IT and PC systems – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Exposure to business analysis, investigating issues will be advantageous.
• An awareness of the theoretical and practical side of risk management.
• Some knowledge of risk models – this is not a modelling role but the ability to understand the concepts and limitations of PD modelling is preferable.
Where will you be working?
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Purpose, Values and Mindset
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Our Mindset shapes how we take action, living by our Values, driven by our Purpose, always with our customers and clients at the heart of what we do; our Mindset is to Empower, Challenge and Drive.
Trust and support each other to deliver. Make decisions with those closest to the topic. Include diverse perspectives. Celebrate success and learn from failure.
Question whether things can be done better. Use insights based on data to inform decisions. Be curious about how we can adapt and improve. Speak up and be open to alternative viewpoints.
Focus on outcomes. Deliver with pace. Be passionate and ambitious about what we do. Take personal responsibility. Actively build collaborative relationships to get things done.