Isle of Man
As a Barclays Operational Leader this is an exciting opportunity where you’ll lead and grow a highly engaged team of colleagues in a complex branch environment to deliver customer service and operational excellence across the branch. You’ll be responsible for the day-to-day complex demands of operational performance working closely with the wider operational team and supporting local leadership. You’ll ensure the branch has the right people, premises and technology to aid great customer outcomes and experience.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognizes and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a career, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Leading, coaching and developing your team, investing in their skills and knowledge to inspire continuous improvement and development
• Building and maintaining your own and your team’s capability to deliver excellent customer outcomes by understanding and meeting their needs and ensuring consistency in delivery
• Developing and influencing leaders and colleagues in the operational responsibilities of their role to include cash management, back office and administration activities
• Being the centre of operational excellence within the large complex branch you are responsible for
• Engaging actively and supporting all colleagues with the development of the branch operational performance
• Managing resource levels within the branch, taking accountability for rostering, supporting recruitment and succession planning to ensure we can help clients at all times
• Being accountable for expert analysis of performance data to establish effectiveness of controls, identify root cause of concerns / issues and develop effective solutions
What we’re looking for:
• Previous experience of successfully leading a team in a customer-facing capacity
• Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of relevant risk and control policies
• Experience of coaching colleagues to improve and achieve performance and personal objectives through a performance management framework
• Knowledge and previous experience of recruitment, resourcing and performance management processes
Skills that will help you in the role:
• An in depth understanding of the digital climate and the opportunities this creates
• Previous experience of managing extensive complaints and queries to help the best resolution
• Experience of having worked in a financial and regulatory environment
Where will you be working?
You will be based in one of our two offices situated in the heart of Douglas, Isle of Man, where you are within 5 minutes’ walk of the shops and harbour. Barclays holds its values at the forefront of everything we do with a firm emphasis on our colleague population and the community we live in. We are a fast paced, future focused organization with opportunities for development and mobility across Barclays Group.