Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
About FIG MENA- Corporate Banking
The MENA FIG business covers Banks and Non-bank financial institutions across Middle East and North Africa. The business provides the entire suite of corporate banking products including trade, cash clearing and FX. The business is responsible for coverage, revenue and governance of the FIG relationships in the region. The business works closely with stakeholders in corporate product, credit, compliance, operations, wealth and investment bank. The team is based out of Dubai.
Overall purpose of role
- Develop and implement a focused relationship, marketing and sales strategy for customers in Banks portfolio
- To meet the revenue targets established for the portfolio
- Ensure appropriate credit exposure across customer portfolio and actively engage credit team to ensure that credit risk is identified and measured and to implement an effective credit monitoring process
- Effectively implement Barclays governance and control policies and procedures
- Promote cross-sell opportunities with treasury, wealth management and IB
- Drive year on year growth in the positioning, sale and implementation of all corporate solutions with banks in the incumbent’s portfolio
- Synchronise with Partnership, Core & Reactive strategy and be an advocate for stakeholder consensus
- Working with industry specialists and with product partners as appropriate for solution delivery and to increase wallet share
- Drive comprehensive, accurate and well understood handover of won deals to implementation
- Focusing on our existing customers to provide excellent service and be recognised as a trusted advisor
- Working with the operations team to ensure that processes and controls are effective and to ensure that transaction turnarounds are within committed timeframe.
- Working with our finance team to ensure that revenues earned are appropriately reflected against portfolio.
- Monitor industry activity – ensure Barclays have a fluent, clear, current point of view on all market developments, and constantly challenge self and product proposition against evolving industry landscape.
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
- Working with product partners and marketing to raise Barclays and FIG profile in the external market
- Passionately and innovatively represent Barclays at industry forums and events
- Drive optimum performance and optimum value for Barclays by coaching, and challenging, deal team members on solutions, industry developments and opportunities to engage the broader Barclays Group to deliver optimal return
- Challenge and contribute to product development and strategy
Decision-making and Problem Solving
- Ensure solutions proposed are appropriate to customer needs and in line with organisational goals and criteria’s
- Ensure that decisions take into account organisational goals of increasing franchise return on equity
- Prioritise governance and reputational credibility over short –term revenue growth
- Balance revenue targets with long terms goals of the business and franchise
- Provide customers with best-in-class servicing
- Responsible for institutionalising and improving existing coverage, credit and servicing processes
Risk and Control Objective
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
- Operating in accordance with Correspondent Banking risk appetite and lending procedures
- Ensure high standards of data quality are maintained at all times
- Working to continuously improve credit knowledge and expertise. Ensure compliance with mandatory Risk policies and procedures relating to credit conformance and regulatory, operational, legal risk and Financial Crime.
- Excellent relationship skills. High level of maturity required to engage senior management at customers
- An in-depth understanding of the FIG business and the GCC market dynamics.
- Credit knowledge to enable the incumbent to appreciate credit risks of FI’s and effectively monitors them
- Good planning, organization and communication skills
- Knowledge of Corporate and FIG products and propositions
- An understanding of policies and procedures across the Group relevant to PCB market.
- Comprehensive understanding of the impact of economic environment on customer’s needs and business.
- Comprehensive knowledge of mandatory Risk policies and procedures relating to credit conformance and regulatory, operational and legal risk.
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree
- Good knowledge of FI Transactions banking products and the ability to identify market needs and work with a team to develop cutting-edge solutions to position Barclays UAE as a Market leader in the regional FI space.
- Good planning, organization and communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of various swift message types
- Team Player – ability to work in a Matrix organization across different cultures. Good communication, people and presentation skills.
- Ability to prepare business presentations and economic intelligence. Eager to own a business segment and develop client relationships
- Self-motivated and proactive approach to marketing origination.
- Strong leadership skills, results orientated, committed and with strong sense of discipline and delivery.
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
- Credit analysis will be an advantage
- A working knowledge of trade and cash payment services
- Experience in managing client relationships
Purpose, Values and Mindset
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Our Mindset shapes how we take action, living by our Values, driven by our Purpose, always with our customers and clients at the heart of what we do; our Mindset is to Empower, Challenge and Drive.
Trust and support each other to deliver. Make decisions with those closest to the topic. Include diverse perspectives. Celebrate success and learn from failure.
Question whether things can be done better. Use insights based on data to inform decisions. Be curious about how we can adapt and improve. Speak up and be open to alternative viewpoints.
Focus on outcomes. Deliver with pace. Be passionate and ambitious about what we do. Take personal responsibility. Actively build collaborative relationships to get things done.