The Onboarding Business Partner is located in Dubai, reporting into the Chief Operating Office. The Onboarding Business Partner is responsible for onboarding of new clients, providing an excellent client experience whilst also ensuring that Barclays meets its obligations regarding Know Your Customer and other relevant external regulations and internal policies.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds
Overall purpose of role
The role holder will:-
- Be in charge of the end to end client Onboarding into Barclays Dubai.
- Deal direct with clients in a personable and professional manner from prospect stage through to the opening of accounts.
- Work in close co-ordination with Front Office, Operations and the relevant Risk and Financial Crime departments across the business.
- Provide tailored, accurate and swift assistance to the client, ensuring a timely, smooth and positive onboarding experience.
- Have responsibility for ensuring that client onboarding files meet the required Barclays policy and regulatory standards.
- Act as a role model in respect of procedural requirements and have input into the Client Due Diligence policy and procedure development.
- Be required to assist the Head of Business Delivery with ad-hoc queries, projects and management of the workflow when needed.
- Produce all relevant MI
- Support the wider COO team with Risk & Control Management, Business Support and Sales Management Activities
- Act as a subject Matter Expert in relation to all Onboarding activities including CDD and all local uplift regulatory and legal requirements
The role provides both an onboarding advisory and control function that is key to the success of the business unit by ensuring that key policy and regulatory requirements are met while facilitating an excellent client experience.
(1) 40%– Risk & Governance
The role holder will ensure an acceptable standard of Onboarding cases are submitted to relevant booking centres. They will need to understand multi-layered and complex cases (including PEP & Special Focus clients), as well as be able to interpret complex regulation and legislation and apply this knowledge to each onboarding. The principle that we will not do business we do not understand must be applied. Responsibility must be taken to ensure the accuracy and completeness of all data that they encounter and that no substantive data integrity issues are found. They will drive consistency by ensuring policies and procedures are being applied consistently across all centres. The role holder will ensure that referrals are made to the Risk & Financial Crime teams whenever necessary.
(2) 40% Client Interaction
The role holder will engage with clients to understand their background and assist the Private Banker in the completion of Source of Wealth documentation. The role holder will be the primary point of contact for all new onboarding queries and referrals. They will ensure that interaction with clients is a positive experience and that client expectations are managed and met at all times. Quality measures must be met ⁄ exceeded to evidence contribution to the end to end processing of onboarding within agreed service levels. They will provide guidance and coaching to clients in order to support the client experience.
(3) 20% Process/ Journey/ Personal Improvement
The successful candidate will work closely with the Head Business Delivery to identify training gaps, process improvement and implement and maintain training and development plans on the back of this. The suitable role holder will be trained and proficient in the use of our various Onboarding systems and will ensure continuous learning and development is undertaken proactively throughout the year. They will use all opportunities to raise levels of awareness and competence of Client Due Diligence requirements for themselves and across the wider Front Office Team. Act as subject matter expert to improve the skills, knowledge and capabilities of the Private Bank Team.
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
The successful individual will be aware of how to tailor their approach to the needs of different situations. These situations will range from formal meetings with colleagues, clients or management, to less formal one-to-one coaching where you still require a high degree of influencing ability and confidence. The candidate will possess good interpersonal and communication skills and have an ability to develop trust and co-operation to gain information and get other people to want to give their support. They will be responsible for using their skills to adapt to different and challenging situations that arise in their day to day operations when dealing with both external Senior Directors/Executives and internal Senior Managers
The role holder may assume some of the responsibilities of the Management and drive excellence in the team to achieve agreed SLA’s and standards.
Risk and Control Objective
The role holder will ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards. The right candidate will have experience in Customer Due Diligence/KYC procedures and must have an awareness of Financial Crime policy and procedures and be familiar with cross border activities which impact account opening regulations. The preferred candidate will be responsible for driving the end to end processing of all new client onboarding and account applications within appropriate service levels. A detailed knowledge of the regulatory requirements covering money laundering and criminal activity is essential.
- To be successful in this role, the right candidate will have excellent communication and diplomacy skills, including the ability to convey technical requirements to a non-specialist. They have the ability and polish required to engage with clients of the Private Bank, ensuring that conversations can be tailored to the level of the client. They will also have the confidence to communicate effectively with internal staff.
- Demonstrate excellent time-management, self-planning and organisational skills, and the ability to manage deadlines and work under pressure
- Understanding of regulatory issues/ procedures, with comprehensive and extensive knowledge of Anti-Money Laundering and Know Your Customer regulations and standards
- Ability to make evaluative judgements based on the analysis of factual and qualitative information relating to Source of Wealth, adverse media etc, including analysis of external information such as third party Enhanced Due Diligence reports and reports in global media - A good understanding of the role of private bankers and private banking products, with the ability to empathise and appreciate the relevance of the private bankers’ role in supporting the Onboarding process
- The ability to make clear presentation of information both written and orally
- Good understanding of Microsoft standard packages, such as Word and Excel
- Excellent understanding of the complex nature of onboarding structures across the GCC
Purpose and Values
Barclays has a single cross-business Purpose for Barclays and five core Values which underpin it.
Our Purpose is helping people achieve their ambitions in the right way. Put simply this is the answer to the question ‘What is Barclays for?’ and it should guide our every action as employees.
We respect and value those we work with, and the contribution that they make.
We act fairly, ethically and openly in all we do.
We put our clients and customers at the centre of what we do.
We use our energy, skills and resources to deliver the best, sustainable results.
We are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.