- About Us
- Business Areas
- Early Careers
You have not viewed any jobs yet.
Date live: May. 24, 2023
Business Area: Barclays International
Area of Expertise: Finance
Reference Code: 90373195
Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby. Train stations & bus stops, gyms, restaurants and more.Explore location
Associate Director – International Debt Structuring
As a Barclays Associate Director, you will be responsible for originating and structuring of debt transactions, Debt Finance target income, and capital return objectives for Europe. Producing financial analysis and credit papers in relation to debt opportunities to optimise the level of returns from clients and creating the most appropriate debt structure will be part of your role. Working closely with the Coverage, Portfolio Management, Wholesale Lending, Trade Finance, and other Group functions will also be your duties.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Supporting structuring and origination of debt transactions in Ireland by preparing pitching materials and attending external client meetings to gain and build on existing experience
• Working with various stakeholders such as the Credit, Transaction Management, and the Syndicate teams
• Delivering debt proposal for the client, gaining experience of client negotiation
• Analysing client’s historical financial performance, future business plans and research relevant data sources to prepare credit papers/applications including financial modelling
• Aiding the wider Debt Finance team in preparing/reviewing internal committee’s papers by working closely with Coverage to proactively identify potential debt opportunities
• Participating in the origination and structuring activities with clients and business introducers seeking and generating new business opportunities
• Helping and supporting the Debt Finance structuring team build suitable solution for clients, offering pricing considerations, in line with Barclays internal objectives
• Managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders and attending team meetings and supporting other colleagues within the team as required
What we are looking for:
• Excellent communication, project management, persuasion skills to get buy-in and deliver for strategic initiatives and influencing transactions
• A comprehensive understanding of, debt financing, credit risk with experience of either Corporate Lending, Real Estate Lending, Leverage Finance and Structured Finance
• Excellent credit skills, analytical and numerical - analysing Balance sheet, P&L, Cashflows and market knowledge
• Have a desire to build knowledge of macroeconomic factors affecting both clients and the debt markets
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Commercial acumen and business development skills, with the ability to make decisions based on sound judgement and complex information
• Sound understanding of the corporate lending and capital market environment, including experience of corporate financing and wider market dynamics
• Being a qualified accountant is beneficial
• IT literacy (Excel/PowerPoint/MS Word in particular) although on the job training will be available to upskill
Where will you be working?
You will be based in our new flagship office, One Molesworth Street, which is in the heart of Dublin City Centre. We are currently expanding which drives a culture of change and hard work ethic, nonetheless the company maintains an open, friendly atmosphere. This is enhanced through our unique onboarding programs and several committees which all employees are eligible to join.
We're committed to providing a supportive and simplified experience for our candidates throughout the application and assessment process. Here, you will find information about what to expect and some guidance around your assessment and interview.
While the application process depends on the role, there are some constant steps, which are;
Step 1 - Your application
Step 2 - Your assessment
Step 3 - Your interview
Step 4 - Next steps
We aim to create an inclusive work environment where everyone can reach their full potential. If you require any adjustments to our recruitment process, please click here to learn more.
Find out more information here.
Barclays offers a diverse, inclusive and engaged culture. A place where people can bring their whole selves to work and be respected for who they are, valued for what they do and celebrated for their contribution to our business and our community.
We are an equal opportunity employer and opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a Carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
This is the spirit of Barclays. It’s why we exist, what we believe and how we behave. But most importantly, it’s how we make decisions, take action and get things done.
We exist to provide responsible finance to people and business – but also a whole lot more.
We believe great talent RISES. It acts with Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We discover our full potential through our desire to Empower, Challenge and Drive each other.