Analyst, Office of the Chief Compliance Officer
As a Barclays Analyst in the Office of the Chief Compliance Officer, you will be assisting with the broader activities of the Barclays Europe (BE) Chief Compliance Office. In addition to helping the BE Chief Compliance Officer (BE CCO) on a variety of issues, the BE Chief Compliance Office is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the BE Compliance Management Team (BE CMT). The BE CCO provides help and guidance on Executive level queries, participating in a range of firm-wide processes.
We want to help Barclays become everything it can be in Europe. We’re building a truly European bank with the support of one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, and this creates big career development opportunities for everyone involved. We offer challenging, career defining roles, and the opportunity to test your skills and try new ideas. This is your chance to stretch yourself and accelerate your progression.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, established in 1690, with a legacy of success, quality, and innovation. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
At Barclays, we offer a hybrid working experience that blends the positives of working alongside colleagues at our onsite locations, together with working from home. We have a structured approach where colleagues work at an onsite location on fixed, ‘anchor’, days of the week, for a minimum of two days a week or more, as set by the business area (or nearest equivalent if working part-time hours). Please discuss the working pattern requirements for the role you are applying for with the hiring manager. Please note that as we continue to embed our hybrid working environment, we remain in a test and learn phase, which means that working arrangements may be subject to change on reasonable notice to ensure we meet the needs of our business.
What will you be doing?
• Supporting the mandate of the BE Chief Compliance Office in key activities and processes, on behalf of the BE CCO and acting as the secretary for the BE CRM and BE CMT meetings
• Providing one-to-one assistance for the BE CCO in day-to-day operational matters, engagements with BE ExCo, BE Company Secretary and providing relevant briefings
• Coordinating, managing and producing (as appropriate) all BE Compliance contributions to relevant BE and BE Board-level committees, forums and stakeholders
• Maintaining management processes and helping with MI and governance frameworks to assist the BE CCO in discharging his /her Senior Executive Management Responsibilities
• Co-ordinating Compliance input and signing off for the Barclays Europe Annual Report and, ICAAP
• Helping the BE CCO to articulate and execute strategy and vision for the BE Compliance function, taking into account the Group Compliance Strategy
• Managing BE Compliance’s regulatory interactions and overseeing timely delivery of BE Compliance’s regulatory commitments with BE ‘Home Authority’ regulators
• Assisting BE Compliance in contributing and delivering work to discharge Compliance functional responsibilities in connection with firm-wide Conduct Risk management tools
What we’re looking for:
• Willingness to challenge processes and look for improvements
• Able to work on own initiative, and solution oriented
• Excellent communication skills and ability to be clear and concise both orally and in writing
• Experience of working in an area of high regulatory focus
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Experience of European and/or other relevant regulatory environments
• Experience of operating as part of a distributed, global team in a matrix organisation
• Excellent team player with an ability to interact and work well with all stakeholders
• Experience in report writing
Where will you be working?
You will be based in our new flagship office, One Molesworth Street, which is in the heart of Dublin city centre. We are currently expanding which drives a culture of change and hard work ethic, nonetheless the company maintains an open, friendly atmosphere. This is enhanced through our unique on-boarding programs and a number of committees which all employees are eligible to join.