Onboarding Business Partner - 9 Month Contract
As a Barclays Onboarding Business Partner, you will be accountable for the end-to-end client Onboarding into Barclays Private Bank Europe. In your role, you help with Client Due Diligence assessments of new and existing clients, act as the liaison between the Front Office and Operations teams and ensure that key policy and regulatory requirements are met while facilitating an excellent client experience. We are also open to considering a part time applicant with a minimum of 4 days a week.
Barclays Europe is an essential part of Barclays’ success across the globe. We support the bank’s global growth by servicing European clients and markets. We connect European clients to the power of Barclays globally, offering them access to the largest capital markets and growth opportunities in the US, UK, and Asia. And we offer agile, determined, and resilient people a platform or remarkable professional and personal growth. This is your chance to get closer to Europe and stay more connected than ever to the rest of the globe.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, established in 1690, with a legacy of success, quality, and innovation. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
At Barclays, we offer a hybrid working experience that blends the positives of working alongside colleagues at our onsite locations, together with working from home. We have a structured approach where colleagues work at an onsite location on fixed, ‘anchor’, days of the week, for a minimum of two days a week or more, as set by the business area (or nearest equivalent if working part-time hours). Please discuss the working pattern requirements for the role you are applying for with the hiring manager. Please note that as we continue to embed our hybrid working environment, we remain in a test and learn phase, which means that working arrangements may be subject to change on reasonable notice to ensure we meet the needs of our business.
What will you be doing?
• Owning the Client Due Diligence (CDD) process, provide advisory guidance to front office and make inputs into the CDD policy
• Engaging with CDD counterparts across the Bank’s platforms and the On-boarding Operations team for knowledge sharing
• Maintaining and updating specific on-boarding procedures, acting as a role model of procedural requirements and procedure development, and providing training to colleagues
• Owning the source of wealth assessment process for new to bank clients by providing quality and timely review to support Private Bankers and Banking Executives
• Ensuring an acceptable standard of work through financial crime review and technical self-sign off procedures, and all non-financial crime control procedures
• Providing quality assurance checks on existing client files compiled by front office colleagues for periodic reviews to ensure that they meet the required Policy and regulatory standards
• Working in close co-ordination with Front Office, Operations and the relevant Risk, Compliance and Financial Crime departments across the business
• Assisting the Head of Coverage Ireland and Private Banking Executives Team Manager with ad-hoc queries, projects and management of the team’s workflow when needed
What we’re looking for:
• Previous experience in Private Banking/wealth management, excellent communication, and diplomacy skills, including the ability to convey technical requirements to a non-specialist
• Ability to engage with clients of the Private Bank, confidence in working with cross border activities which impact account opening regulations
• Experience in Customer Due Diligence procedures, awareness of Financial Crime policy and procedures, cross border activities and processing of all new account applications
• Knowledge of regulatory issues/procedures, with comprehensive and knowledge of Anti-Money Laundering and Know Your Customer regulations and standards
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Familiarity with multi-layered and complex cases (including PEP & Special Focus clients), as well as be able to interpret complex regulation and legislation
• Excellent time-management, self-planning, and organizational skills as well as solid presentation skills and social skills and IT Skills (Microsoft standard packages)
• Solid grasp of the role of private bankers and private banking products, knowledge of the regulatory requirements covering money laundering and criminal activity is essential
• Ability to make evaluative judgements and decisions based on the analysis of factual and qualitative information relating to Source of Wealth, adverse media, and the like
Where will you be working?
You will be based in our new flagship office, One Molesworth Street, which is in the heart of Dublin city Centre. We are currently expanding which drives a culture of change and hard work ethic, nonetheless the company maintains an open, friendly atmosphere. This is enhanced through our unique on boarding programs and several committees which all employees are eligible to join.