- About Us
- Business Areas
- Early Careers
You have not viewed any jobs yet.
Date live: Mar. 07, 2023
Business Area: COO & Functions
Area of Expertise: Secretarial/Admin
Reference Code: 90366110
Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby. Train stations & bus stops, gyms, restaurants and more.Explore location
As a Barclays Personal Assistant, you will provide comprehensive executive assistance to the Head of Security Operations. Planning and facilitating the smooth running of the Managing Director (MD) schedule will be part of your responsibilities. For this role, you will also be exercising personal initiative/drive and confidently interacting with a diverse spectrum of people in a wide variety of situations as required.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What you’ll be doing?
• Learning and comprehending the business area to be able to provide a view on prioritisation and ensure all process and approvals are obtained as per Barclays policies
• Scheduling appointments and ensuring the MD is always in the correct place on time with all relevant papers
• Booking all travel arrangements and accommodation and organising itineraries, including balancing the relative priorities and obligations of the manager and Barclays Business
• Organising a wide range of meetings and functions at internal/external venues which may involve influential contacts in the UK and overseas
• Liaising with internal/external contacts, visiting and vetting locations, agreeing dates, menus, prices
• Leading and managing weekly team meetings including taking minutes and maintaining all logistics support on the creation of documents for key meetings and any follow up actions
• Compiling agendas, preparing briefs, attending a wide variety of meetings, taking and transcribing minutes and undertaking any necessary follow up actions
• Undertaking a wide variety of other administrative duties e.g., expenses, room bookings and the like
What we’re looking for:
• Excellent communication (written, analytical and verbal) with exceptional people skills
• Exceptional PowerPoint Skills and advanced Microsoft Word and Excel with extensive experience in Outlook/e-mail systems
• Proven experience of working with senior Managing Director level
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Proficiency in the following applications - SAP e-Expenses, HR online tools, eprocurement for PO raising and OM (organisation Management)
Where will you be working?
You will be based in our new flagship office, One Molesworth Street, which is in the heart of Dublin city centre. We are currently expanding which drives a culture of change and hard work ethic, nonetheless the company maintains an open, friendly atmosphere. This is enhanced through our unique on-boarding programs and a number of committees which all employees are eligible to join.
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Respect: We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
Integrity: We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
Service: We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
Excellence: We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
Stewardship: We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Barclays offers a diverse, inclusive and engaged culture. A place where people can bring their whole selves to work and be respected for who they are, valued for what they do and celebrated for their contribution to our business and our community.
We are an equal opportunity employer and opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a Carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
This is the spirit of Barclays. It’s why we exist, what we believe and how we behave. But most importantly, it’s how we make decisions, take action and get things done.
We exist to provide responsible finance to people and business – but also a whole lot more.
We believe great talent RISES. It acts with Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We discover our full potential through our desire to Empower, Challenge and Drive each other.