Property Finance Specialist
This role is deemed as a Controlled Function role under the Central Bank of Ireland Fitness and Probity Regulations and may require the role holder to hold mandatory regulatory qualifications or the minimum qualifications to meet internal company benchmarks.
As a Barclays Property Finance Specialist, you will be supporting the project/ property Finance origination and execution strategy within Ireland to finance the Investment Property and Development Property sectors in the Irish market. This is an opportunity for you to support the customers from the listed housebuilders, Property REITS, ICAV’s to Private Companies and International Private Equity Funds. Lastly, you will provide the best products such as debt to interest rate derivatives, trade, working capital and operational banking.
Barclays Europe is an essential part of Barclays’ success across the globe. We support the bank’s global growth by servicing European clients and markets. We connect European clients to the power of Barclays globally, offering them access to the largest capital markets and growth opportunities in the US, UK, and Asia. And we offer agile, determined, and resilient people a platform or remarkable professional and personal growth. This is your chance to get closer to Europe and stay more connected than ever to the rest of the globe.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, established in 1690, with a legacy of success, quality, and innovation. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
At Barclays, we offer a hybrid working experience that blends the positives of working alongside colleagues at our onsite locations, together with working from home. We have a structured approach where colleagues work at an onsite location on fixed, ‘anchor’, days of the week, for a minimum of two days a week or more, as set by the business area (or nearest equivalent if working part-time hours). Please discuss the working pattern requirements for the role you are applying for with the hiring manager. Please note that as we continue to embed our hybrid working environment, we remain in a test and learn phase, which means that working arrangements may be subject to change on reasonable notice to ensure we meet the needs of our business.
What will you be doing?
• Managing Customer relationships, business development, product knowledge, and researching solutions to meet customers’ needs using market and industry information
• Working collaboratively with the Head of Property Finance to develop, and expanding the property lending franchise and identifying opportunities to cross sell
• Understanding client’s complex requirements and positioning products that meet the client’s requirements and are the right products
• Acting as a principal point of contact and assisting with day-to-day portfolio management, Deal evaluation, credit writing and execution of transactions
• Managing assigned clients and engaging with product specialists to identify new opportunities for the Bank and providing the best possible service to their clients
• Undertaking financial analysis to develop optimal funding, and preparation for annual reviews, ensuring completion of associated documentation
• Preparing deal pitch documents and lead pitches to clients, and monitoring sales leads and ensuring all opportunities remain accurately reported
• Monitoring credit risk and industry risks relevant to individual clients and the overall portfolio, and identifying key risk and trends that may require adjustments to client plans
What we’re looking for:
• Technical Skills, Financial modelling, Credit writing, Credit analysis and reporting, deal analysis & transaction due diligence, Debt Funds
• Credit writing and the liaising with credit colleagues on transactions, Calculation of pricing returns
• Experience in Project Finance / Property Finance within the Irish markets, Lending, corporate banking, Understanding and some experience of executing property loans
• Excellent communication skills, internal and external networking, selling, influencing, and negotiating skills, Managing relationships and processes with stakeholders
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Understanding of the large corporate real estate in Ireland, Credit risk management expertise, up to date knowledge of our competition
• An understanding of policies and procedures relevant to Corporate Banking market
• Experience in the Irish Property sector, solar farm/wind farm financing, Renewable and sustainable energy financing, etc
• Comprehensive knowledge of mandatory Risk policies and procedures relating to credit conformance and regulatory, operational, and legal risk
Where will you be working?
You will be based in our new flagship office, One Molesworth Street, which is in the heart of Dublin city Centre. We are currently expanding which drives a culture of change and hard work ethic, nonetheless the company maintains an open, friendly atmosphere. This is enhanced through our unique on boarding programs and several committees which all employees are eligible to join.