Regulatory Change Project Manager(Associate)
As a Barclays Regulatory Change Project Manager, you will be a key member of the Portfolio Execution & Regulatory Oversight team for Barclays Europe. You will be delivering non-technology regulatory and non-regulatory change requirements and supporting the regulatory oversight forums. You will be working within the supervisory environment Barclays Europe and have opportunity to be creating and managing effective relationships across the business which promote efficient delivery.
Barclays Europe is an essential part of Barclays’ success across the globe. We support the bank’s global growth by servicing European clients and markets. We connect European clients to the power of Barclays globally, offering them access to the largest capital markets and growth opportunities in the US, UK, and Asia. And we offer agile, determined, and resilient people a platform or remarkable professional and personal growth. This is your chance to get closer to Europe and stay more connected than ever to the rest of the globe.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, established in 1690, with a legacy of success, quality, and innovation. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
At Barclays, we offer a hybrid working experience that blends the positives of working alongside colleagues at our onsite locations, together with working from home. We have a structured approach where colleagues work at an onsite location on fixed, ‘anchor’, days of the week, for a minimum of two days a week or more, as set by the business area (or nearest equivalent if working part-time hours). Please discuss the working pattern requirements for the role you are applying for with the hiring manager. Please note that as we continue to embed our hybrid working environment, we remain in a test and learn phase, which means that working arrangements may be subject to change on reasonable notice to ensure we meet the needs of our business.
What will you be doing?
• Helping Barclays Europe businesses and functions, coordinating the delivery of responses to regulatory requests, on-site inspections, and supervisory requests for information
• Delivering cross-Business Unit business change and regulatory projects to plan, budget and governance standards for Barclays Europe
• Ensuring that material deliverables are submitted on time and to the right level of quality and helping with complex regulatory inspections improving the international controls
• Leading end-to-end delivery of projects from ideation through to initiation, requirement analysis, planning, execution, testing, and closure
• Delivering non-technology regulatory and non-regulatory change requirements specific to Barclays Europe and assisting various governance oversight forums
• Coordinating across Barclays Europe with responses and activity related to ad hoc regulatory requests and facilitating the continuous review and approval of key delivery documents
• Providing input to the stakeholders as required by its regulators, and working with the Accountable Executive to establish a governance forum that is fit for purpose
• Identifying, assessing, and managing project risks, assumptions, issues, and dependencies, escalating as appropriate via the agreed governance framework
What we’re looking for:
• Excellent business analytical and project management skills to structure, distil, and evaluate complex information and manage change, understanding of delivery of full project life cycle
• Exceptional verbal and written communications skills with the ability to produce high-quality management information and documentation for senior governance forums
• Experience of adapting to changing requirements, re-prioritising and changing course as necessary, and assisting the team in making any necessary changes
• Knowledge of risk management and regulatory demands, ideally within a global bank or a regulator
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Excellent communicator and the ability and willingness to engage widely across the organisation to achieve the best outcomes for Barclays Europe
• Self-motivated and results driven with attention to detail, high quality standards, streamline processes to achieve the desired results in the most efficient and sustainable manner
• Demonstrable experience within the global financial regulatory landscape, risk management & regulatory demands and prudential environment
• Specific Business knowledge (Investment, Corporate, Private and Retail Banking) and Project Management - Practitioner level accreditation (eg Prince 2, PMI, APM) and Agile
Where will you be working?
You will be based in our new flagship office, One Molesworth Street, which is in the heart of Dublin city Centre. We are currently expanding which drives a culture of change and hard work ethic, nonetheless the company maintains an open, friendly atmosphere. This is enhanced through our unique on boarding programs and a number of committees which all employees are eligible to join.