- About Us
- Business Areas
- Early Careers
You have not viewed any jobs yet.
Date live: Mar. 03, 2023
Business Area: Barclays International
Area of Expertise: Compliance
Reference Code: 90356751
Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby. Train stations & bus stops, gyms, restaurants and more.Explore location
Remediation Oversight Project Manager
As a Barclays Remediation Oversight Project Manager, you will be leading the horizon scanning carried out by global regulatory teams to ensure impact analysis and change execution is achieved within the specified timelines. Delivering regulatory change requirements specific to Barclays Europe and supporting the regulatory oversight forums will be part of your role.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognizes and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Overseeing regulatory horizon scanning process performed by the business lines/functions, delivering regulatory projects to plan, budget and governance standards for Barclays Europe
• Guaranteeing key stakeholders are informed of the regulatory updates within the agreed timeframes and progressed for in-depth impact analysis where required
• Providing support with coordinating impact analysis across multi region/multi entity impacting regulatory changes
• Ensuring accurate record keeping is maintained including scope conclusions made by the business lines/functions contributing to improved international controls for Barclays Europe
• Producing timely reports, dashboards, and inputs to various forums presenting a consolidated view of regulatory horizon scanning
• Maintaining records related to the status of the regulatory development and its impact to the organisation in the system of record
• Being responsible for business case exploration analysis and supporting the delivery of any multi-business line/function regulatory changes
• Managing end-to-end delivery of projects from ideation through to initiation, requirement analysis, planning, execution, testing, and closure
What we’re looking for:
• Excellent business analytical and project management skills to structure, distil, and evaluate complex information and manage change; understanding of delivery of full project life cycle
• Exceptional verbal and written communications skills with the ability to produce high-quality management information and documentation for senior governance forums
• Experience of adapting to changing requirements, re-prioritising and changing course as necessary, and supporting the team in making any necessary changes
• Knowledge of risk management and regulatory demands, ideally within a global bank or a regulator
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Knowledge of business change execution
• Demonstrable experience within the global financial regulatory landscape
• Ability to work in regulatory, statutory, and prudential environment
• Specific Business knowledge (Investment, Corporate, Private and Retail Banking)
Where will you be working?
You will be based in our new flagship office, One Molesworth Street, which is in the heart of Dublin city Centre. We are currently expanding which drives a culture of change and hard work ethic, nonetheless the company maintains an open, friendly atmosphere. This is enhanced through our unique on boarding programs and a number of committees which all employees are eligible to join.
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Respect: We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
Integrity: We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
Service: We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
Excellence: We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
Stewardship: We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Barclays offers a diverse, inclusive and engaged culture. A place where people can bring their whole selves to work and be respected for who they are, valued for what they do and celebrated for their contribution to our business and our community.
We are an equal opportunity employer and opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a Carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
This is the spirit of Barclays. It’s why we exist, what we believe and how we behave. But most importantly, it’s how we make decisions, take action and get things done.
We exist to provide responsible finance to people and business – but also a whole lot more.
We believe great talent RISES. It acts with Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We discover our full potential through our desire to Empower, Challenge and Drive each other.