Senior Risk and Control Manager
This role is deemed as a Controlled Function role under the Central Bank of Ireland Fitness and Probity Regulations and may require the role holder to hold mandatory regulatory qualifications or the minimum qualifications to meet internal company benchmarks.
As a Barclays Senior Risk and Control Manager, you will be part of the Barclaycard International Payments, maintaining the overall Risk and Control Framework, embedding a culture of accountability across the business. You will be paramount in the delivery and execution of the strategy. Working with key stakeholders, including second and third line of defence and ensuring we manage the financial crime risk & control environment and meet our regulatory obligations with respect to AML/ Compliance will also be part of your role.
Barclays Europe is an essential part of Barclays’ success across the globe. We support the bank’s global growth by servicing European clients and markets. We connect European clients to the power of Barclays globally, offering them access to the largest capital markets and growth opportunities in the US, UK, and Asia. And we offer agile, determined, and resilient people a platform or remarkable professional and personal growth. This is your chance to get closer to Europe and stay more connected than ever to the rest of the globe.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
At Barclays, we offer a hybrid working experience that blends the positives of working alongside colleagues at our onsite locations, together with working from home. We have a structured approach where colleagues work at an onsite location on fixed, ‘anchor’, days of the week, for a minimum of two days a week or more, as set by the business area (or nearest equivalent if working part-time hours). Please discuss the working pattern requirements for the role you are applying for with the hiring manager. Please note that as we continue to embed our hybrid working environment, we remain in a test and learn phase, which means that working arrangements may be subject to change on reasonable notice to ensure we meet the needs of our business.
What will you be doing?
• Leading Financial Crime risk management and controls, including High risk merchant, PEP merchant reviews, transaction monitoring alert management, trigger reviews, SARs, sanctions, and exits
• Forming membership of senior governance fora, including the Financial Crime Oversight Meeting (FCOM), as well as representing operational rigour and financial crime in various forums
• Preparing management information and reports for senior stakeholders and managing the end-to-end Control Framework to support business strategy including its implementation
• Driving Exco knowledge and managing risk exposure in accordance with risk appetite for the Group policies, legislation, regulation, and card scheme rules
• Providing key support to the Business in the proactive identification, recoding, monitoring, and reporting on risks and issues
• Managing and leading change risk programmes, performing impact assessments to assist in delivering business change, liaising with internal audit and assurance teams for reviews and ensuring remediation
• Ensuring the timely completion of risk and compliance duties, including risk and control assessments (RCSA), co-ordination of attestations, regulatory submissions and issue and risk event reporting
What we’re looking for:
• Solid grasp & experience of the controls, risk management, compliance or assurance and regulatory landscape for financial services
• Exposure to and experience in financial crime and AML risk management, controls and compliance and the ability to deal with and respond to Regulatory requests and queries
• Stakeholder management skills with an ability to influence at a senior level and a self-starter with excellent communication skills with an ability to take independent decisions to guide the business
• Proven ability to identify and report risks, manage projects/change initiatives and the experience to define solutions to complex problems, making recommendations using multiple data sources
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Knowledge of the payment, card acceptance and card issuing industry
• Analytical and problem-solving skills, effective data management with high attention to detail
• Effectiveness in working in a complex matrix organisation
• Positive attitude, with commitment enthusiasm and appetite for change
Where will you be working?
You will be based in our new flagship office, One Molesworth Street, which is in the heart of Dublin City Centre. We are currently expanding which drives a culture of change and hard work ethic, nonetheless the company maintains an open, friendly atmosphere. This is enhanced through our unique onboarding programs and several committees which all employees are eligible to join.