- About Us
- Business Areas
- Early Careers
You have not viewed any jobs yet.
Date live: May. 07, 2023
Business Area: Barclays International
Area of Expertise: Product Management
Reference Code: 90371655
Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby. Train stations & bus stops, gyms, restaurants and more.Explore location
Trade and Working Capital Originator
This role is deemed as a Controlled Function role under the Central Bank of Ireland Fitness and Probity Regulations and may require the role holder to hold mandatory regulatory qualifications or the minimum qualifications to meet internal company benchmarks.
As a Barclays Trade and Working Capital Originator, you will be an integral part of the TWC Sales team supporting with the Origination, Structuring and Client Management working in collaboration with Product Management, Projects, Operational Rigour, Business Management, and functional partners. You will work to optimise the earnings from the sale of Trade Finance solutions and services and pro-actively establish and manage a portfolio of customers
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Working closely with Corporate Relationship Directors to deliver sophisticated and structured financial solutions that are right for our client’s businesses
• Providing Products to clients including Bonds, Guarantees and Indemnities, Letters of Credit and Collections, Trade Loans, Receivables Finance, Sales Finance and Supplier Finance
• Gaining new business while retaining and developing existing business and collaborating with Group colleagues across TWC to help drive opportunities in Barclays Bank Ireland
• Establishing a Business Development / Sales plan with the Relationship Directors, and Product Partners such as Debt and Payments & Cash Management for joint client business proposals
• Supporting Coverage colleagues with technical product demonstrations (e.g., when positioning against competitor products, customer is technically demanding)
• Negotiating and closing sales and ensure that all customers follow up activity including call reports, Trade Cycle Analysis, letters, tenders etc. are produced to a high standard
• Articulating the trade and working capital Ireland’s income and key performance indicators – balance sheet, clients, and pipeline
• Providing input to product development and the subsequent design of marketing and sales materials founded on an understanding of the market and the customer’s needs
What we are looking for:
• Demonstrable experience with Receivables Finance, Syndicated deals, and ECA transactions, ensuring efficient use of Bank’s capital leading to informed pricing and returns discussion
• High degree of commerciality to both develop and defend the trade portfolio against aggressive and sustained attack from both domestic and international competitors
• Experience of corporate client International Trade needs including a good working knowledge of client accounting and Treasury Management operating systems
• Excellent relationship building skills with Senior Executive/C Suite decision makers within the blue-chip corporate community
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Commercial Effectiveness, including Client /Customer Focus and Commerciality within a Corporate banking environment
• Business Skills: Including Delivering Solutions and Decision Making
• Personal & Interpersonal Skills: Including Communication, Influence and Collaboration
• Technical Skills & Knowledge: across multiple products and new innovations in the product area
Where will you be working?
You will be based in our new flagship office, One Molesworth Street, which is in the heart of Dublin City Centre. We are currently expanding which drives a culture of change and hard work ethic, nonetheless the company maintains an open, friendly atmosphere. This is enhanced through our unique onboarding programs and several committees which all employees are eligible to join.
We're committed to providing a supportive and simplified experience for our candidates throughout the application and assessment process. Here, you will find information about what to expect and some guidance around your assessment and interview.
While the application process depends on the role, there are some constant steps, which are;
Step 1 - Your application
Step 2 - Your assessment
Step 3 - Your interview
Step 4 - Next steps
We aim to create an inclusive work environment where everyone can reach their full potential. If you require any adjustments to our recruitment process, please let us know as part of your application.
Find out more information here.
Barclays offers a diverse, inclusive and engaged culture. A place where people can bring their whole selves to work and be respected for who they are, valued for what they do and celebrated for their contribution to our business and our community.
We are an equal opportunity employer and opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a Carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
This is the spirit of Barclays. It’s why we exist, what we believe and how we behave. But most importantly, it’s how we make decisions, take action and get things done.
We exist to provide responsible finance to people and business – but also a whole lot more.
We believe great talent RISES. It acts with Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We discover our full potential through our desire to Empower, Challenge and Drive each other.