Trade and Working Capital Originator
This role is deemed as a Controlled Function role under the Central Bank of Ireland Fitness and Probity Regulations and may require the role holder to hold mandatory regulatory qualifications or the minimum qualifications to meet internal company benchmarks.
As a Barclays Trade and Working Capital Originator, you will be an integral part of the TWC Sales team supporting with the Origination, Structuring and Client Management working in collaboration with Product Management, Projects, Operational Rigour, Business Management, and functional partners. You will work to optimise the earnings from the sale of Trade Finance solutions and services and pro-actively establish and manage a portfolio of customers
Barclays Europe is an inspiring place to be: we’re building a truly European bank with the support of one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions. We have a clear mission, a huge sense of momentum and the energy of a new business. All of which means we can offer agile, determined and resilient people a platform
for remarkable professional and personal growth. Together, we’re putting Barclays at the heart of Europe; putting Europe at the heart of Barclays.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, established in 1690, with a legacy of success, quality, and innovation. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
At Barclays, we offer a hybrid working experience that blends the positives of working alongside colleagues at our onsite locations, together with working from home. We have a structured approach where colleagues work at an onsite location on fixed, ‘anchor’, days of the week, for a minimum of two days a week or more, as set by the business area (or nearest equivalent if working part-time hours). Please discuss the working pattern requirements for the role you are applying for with the hiring manager. Please note that as we continue to embed our hybrid working environment, we remain in a test and learn phase, which means that working arrangements may be subject to change on reasonable notice to ensure we meet the needs of our business.
What will you be doing?
• Working closely with Corporate Relationship Directors to deliver sophisticated and structured financial solutions that are right for our client’s businesses
• Providing Products to clients including Bonds, Guarantees and Indemnities, Letters of Credit and Collections, Trade Loans, Receivables Finance, Sales Finance and Supplier Finance
• Gaining new business while retaining and developing existing business and collaborating with Group colleagues across TWC to help drive opportunities in Barclays Bank Ireland
• Establishing a Business Development / Sales plan with the Relationship Directors, and Product Partners such as Debt and Payments & Cash Management for joint client business proposals
• Supporting Coverage colleagues with technical product demonstrations (e.g., when positioning against competitor products, customer is technically demanding)
• Negotiating and closing sales and ensure that all customers follow up activity including call reports, Trade Cycle Analysis, letters, tenders etc. are produced to a high standard
• Articulating the trade and working capital Ireland’s income and key performance indicators – balance sheet, clients, and pipeline
• Providing input to product development and the subsequent design of marketing and sales materials founded on an understanding of the market and the customer’s needs
What we are looking for:
• Demonstrable experience with Receivables Finance, Syndicated deals, and ECA transactions, ensuring efficient use of Bank’s capital leading to informed pricing and returns discussion
• High degree of commerciality to both develop and defend the trade portfolio against aggressive and sustained attack from both domestic and international competitors
• Experience of corporate client International Trade needs including a good working knowledge of client accounting and Treasury Management operating systems
• Excellent relationship building skills with Senior Executive/C Suite decision makers within the blue-chip corporate community
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Commercial Effectiveness, including Client /Customer Focus and Commerciality within a Corporate banking environment
• Business Skills: Including Delivering Solutions and Decision Making
• Personal & Interpersonal Skills: Including Communication, Influence and Collaboration
• Technical Skills & Knowledge: across multiple products and new innovations in the product area
Where will you be working?
You will be based in our new flagship office, One Molesworth Street, which is in the heart of Dublin City Centre. We are currently expanding which drives a culture of change and hard work ethic, nonetheless the company maintains an open, friendly atmosphere. This is enhanced through our unique onboarding programs and several committees which all employees are eligible to join.