Transactional FX Sales
This role is deemed as a Controlled Function role under the Central Bank of Ireland Fitness and Probity Regulations and may require the role holder to hold mandatory regulatory qualifications or the minimum qualifications to meet internal company benchmarks.
As a Barclays Transactional FX Sales, you will be the key member originating and leading the FX product offering for International Corporate Banking clients. Helping with the two key offerings FX Payments and Specialist FX sales to assist clients, payment providers and merchants to price in local currencies while protecting margins due to FX volatility. Developing and presenting strategic direction of the FX proposition for Ireland and driving detailed analysis on FX clients, breaking down usage, channel, margin and buying patterns.
Barclays Europe is an essential part of Barclays’ success across the globe. We support the bank’s global growth by servicing European clients and markets. We connect European clients to the power of Barclays globally, offering them access to the largest capital markets and growth opportunities in the US, UK, and Asia. And we offer agile, determined, and resilient people a platform or remarkable professional and personal growth. This is your chance to get closer to Europe and stay more connected than ever to the rest of the globe.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, established in 1690, with a legacy of success, quality, and innovation. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
At Barclays, we offer a hybrid working experience that blends the positives of working alongside colleagues at our onsite locations, together with working from home. We have a structured approach where colleagues work at an onsite location on fixed, ‘anchor’, days of the week, for a minimum of two days a week or more, as set by the business area (or nearest equivalent if working part-time hours). Please discuss the working pattern requirements for the role you are applying for with the hiring manager. Please note that as we continue to embed our hybrid working environment, we remain in a test and learn phase, which means that working arrangements may be subject to change on reasonable notice to ensure we meet the needs of our business.
What will you be doing?
• Developing & delivering strategies to acquire and grow new transactional FX business and coordinate client opportunities with transactional FX sales colleagues in UK, US, and APAC
• Managing a portfolio of clients based on the footprint of corporate clients covered by the corporate bank in the region and managing pre and post sales process
• Building working relationships with key stakeholders across Product, Coverage and Foreign Exchange teams to ensure business opportunities are progressed appropriately
• Producing comprehensive, market leading, thought leadership content on FX markets and negotiating FX pricing, ensuring correct returns for delivery channel
• Leading analysis of client’s requirements and dealing patterns within systems to develop further client interaction and wallet share and organising client events, presenting FX market trends
• Working quickly under pressure in high-risk markets whilst adhering to all FX dealing policies
• Using your experience of FX markets and external providers to drive wallet share and FX turnover through colleague engagement
• Mentoring and leading the Coverage teams and junior members of the FX team and developing and delivering FX specific training to up skill Coverage colleagues
What we are looking for:
• Solid knowledge of both the corporate and Investment bank set up, policies and procedures and Transaction Banking products
• Working knowledge of FX products, financial markets, Transaction Banking and cross-border payment technologies
• Excellent inter-personal skills to navigate internal relationships with Relationship Directors and colleagues in the global FX teams
• Expert knowledge of regulations governing FX markets, including best execution, market conduct, communications with clients, competitor threats, FX pricing and technical/systems
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Expertise with Transactional FX product set
• Experience with the regulatory environment and managing risks
• Experience with designing and delivering a strategy to ensure retention and growth of market share, reviewing and enhancing this strategy to ensure its relevance to the external market place
• Exceptional levels of accuracy in all client interactions, work quickly under pressure in high-risk markets whilst adhering to all FX dealing policies
Where will you be working?
You will be based in our new flagship office, One Molesworth Street, which is in the heart of Dublin city Centre. We are currently expanding which drives a culture of change and hard work ethic, nonetheless the company maintains an open, friendly atmosphere. This is enhanced through our unique on boarding programs and a number of committees which all employees are eligible to join.