Analyst Corporate Banking
This role is deemed as a Controlled Function role under the Central Bank of Ireland Fitness and Probity Regulations and may require the role holder to hold mandatory regulatory qualifications or the minimum qualifications to meet internal company benchmarks.
As a Barclays Analyst Corporate Banking within the international Corporate banking team, you will be developing and maintaining relationships with a portfolio of customers in Germany. Assisting the Relationship Directors with product knowledge, sales research, relationship development and research into solutions to meet customers’ needs using market and industry information and risk management for the portfolio.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
At Barclays, we offer a hybrid working experience that blends the positives of working alongside colleagues at our onsite locations, together with working from home. We have a structured approach where colleagues work at an onsite location on fixed, ‘anchor’, days of the week, for a minimum of two days a week or more, as set by the business area (or nearest equivalent if working part-time hours). Please discuss the working pattern requirements for the role you are applying for with the hiring manager. Please note that as we continue to embed our hybrid working environment, we remain in a test and learn phase, which means that working arrangements may be subject to change on reasonable notice to ensure we meet the needs of our business.
Barclays Europe is an inspiring place to be: we’re building a truly European bank with the support of one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions. We have a clear mission, a huge sense of momentum and the energy of a new business. All of which means we can offer agile, determined and resilient people a platform for remarkable professional and personal growth. Together, we’re putting Barclays at the heart of Europe; putting Europe at the heart of Barclays.
What will you be doing?
• Acting as first point of contact for client names together with the Relationship Director
• Preparing client meeting presentations, engaging product specialists in Germany and other areas of the group ensuring a robust contact strategy is in place
• Assisting with the development of, and revisions to the Client Relationship Plan. Preparing and implementing strategic campaigns
• Identifying and researching potential new customers Supporting the Relationship Director in annual client reviews
• Generating and monitoring leads Preparing pricing and assisting with credit applications
• Ensuring compliance with mandatory Risk policies and procedures relating to governance, regulatory compliance (incl. Financial Crime), operational and legal risk
• Building an effective working partnership with internal support functions: Credit, Legal, KYC, Compliance, Operations
What we’re looking for
• General understanding of products and services
• Excellent planning and organizational skills
• Credit analysis understanding
Skills that will help you in the role:
• First experience in a Corporate & Investment Banking environment
• Excellent Communication skills and fluency in German and English
Where will you be working?
Our new Frankfurt office is based in the heart of the new business district in the Taunus Turm. It boasts modern, collaborative work spaces and offers a gym, a number of different food outlets close by and direct access to a large park.