Analyst Corporate Operations
As a Barclays Analyst Corporate Operations, you will be working within the German Corporate Operations team who are responsible for validation and submission of payment related non-financial Regulatory Reports. You will work in a team that is responsible for the HUB for nostro fees and interest posting and complete certain in-country operational activities. Within this role, you will be part of a motivated team to create a centre of excellence for all the task falling under the team´s remit.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, established in 1690, with a legacy of success, quality, and innovation. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
Barclays Europe is an inspiring place to be: we’re building a truly European bank with the support of one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions. We have a clear mission, a huge sense of momentum and the energy of a new business. All of which means we can offer agile, determined, and resilient people a platform for remarkable professional and personal growth. Together, we’re putting Barclays at the heart of Europe; putting Europe at the heart of Barclays.
At Barclays, we offer a hybrid working experience that blends the positives of working alongside colleagues at our onsite locations, together with working from home. We have a structured approach where colleagues work at an onsite location on fixed, ‘anchor’, days of the week, for a minimum of two days a week or more, as set by the business area (or nearest equivalent if working part-time hours). Please discuss the working pattern requirements for the role you are applying for with the hiring manager. Please note that as we continue to embed our hybrid working environment, we remain in a test and learn phase, which means that working arrangements may be subject to change on reasonable notice to ensure we meet the needs of our business.
What will you be doing?
• Writing high quality standard operating procedures for any new processes and keeping existing ones up to date
• Supporting project initiatives, especially testing, and evaluating regulatory payment reports under new ECB Regulations
• Develop working relationships, across, all business areas to identify the most appropriate sources of information and continually monitor the integrity of the data
• Remediation of QA reviews and issues raised
• Creating an environment to encourage knowledge sharing, asking questions and sharing viewpoints with team colleagues and peers in the business
• Setting clear, challenging, and stretching objectives, ensuring effective performance management and with a focus on business results
• Initiating regular catch up meetings with the People Leader to drive their Performance Development in line with the agreed process
What we’re looking for:
• Motivated, high-performing individual with proven experience of working with other colleagues, to achieve common objectives
• Has the ability to develop, an excellent knowledge of process system & associated control
• Experience of reviewing and executing controls
• The ability to articulate ideas and goals to audiences at multiple levels
Skills that will help you in the role
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in German and English
• Good knowledge of operational risk requirements and standards to the relevant processes and procedures
Where will you be working?
Our new Frankfurt office is based in the heart of the new business district in the Taunus Turm. It boasts modern, collaborative work spaces and offers a gym, a number of different food outlets close by and direct access to a large park.