- About Us
- Business Areas
- Early Careers
You have not viewed any jobs yet.
Date live: May. 22, 2023
Business Area: Barclays International
Area of Expertise: Relationship Management / Sales
Reference Code: 90370054
Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby. Train stations & bus stops, gyms, restaurants and more.Explore location
This role is deemed as a Controlled Function role under the Central Bank of Ireland Fitness and Probity Regulations and may require the role holder to hold mandatory regulatory qualifications or the minimum qualifications to meet internal company benchmarks.
As a Barclays Associate Banker within the the International Corporate Banking Team, you will be acting as primary support person for the Global and country Relationship Directors located in Germany/Europe. Being the first point of back-up for Relationship Directors, proactively identifying the needs of clients and work with business partners to provide and execute solutions cross selling and Preparing pitch books for new business meetings, engaging all product specialists.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Supporting the relationship directors with identifying, cold calling and mapping of customers and spotting of new business opportunities that fit customer segmentation
• Maintaining constructive relationships with key stakeholders and wider teams
• Developing a portfolio with aspiration to cover an own portfolio of clients, ensuring all customer information is accurate and kept up to date e.g., sales leads and pipeline information
• Attending team meetings and contribute fully, including suggestions for ways of improving customer sales and service to shorten implementation and accelerate revenues generation
• Preparing quality business case applications for renewals and non-complex requests, complete associated post sanction fulfilment templates, and setting up new clients and products on relevant systems
• Ensuring customer complaints are handled effectively and complaint handling targets all covenant breaches are reported in a timely way
• Ensuring compliance with mandatory Risk policies and procedures relating to governance, regulatory compliance (including Financial Crime), operational and legal risk
• Working closely with FinCrime, KYC in particular monitoring and managing suspicious transaction and if need be, escalating further and obtain all relevant KYC details & documentation, e.g., Onboarding
What we’re looking for:
• Experience within financial services providing relationship support, exposure to clients and corporate banking products like Trade & Working Capital, Cash Management and Debt Finance
• Fluency in English and German is alongwith proven stakeholder management expertise, working knowledge of the credit application process and credit risk policy and procedures
• Proficient in use of internal computer systems including intranet, Email, Portals and any other platform applications and in data analysis
• Awareness of legislation affecting the Bank and Clients (including Data Protection Act/GDPR, Companies Act, Insolvency Act, Financial Services Act and confidentiality regulations)
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Customer and Market oriented with sales/ NBFI experience within a global corporate banking organization
• Ability to work collaboratively within a small, but ambitious local team
• Service and Excellence oriented
• Embed best practice both nationally and internationally: relationship, risk & servicing
Where will you be working?
Our new Frankfurt office is based in the heart of the new business district in the Taunus Turm. It boasts modern, collaborative workspaces and offers a gym, a number of different food outlets close by and direct access to a large park.
We're committed to providing a supportive and simplified experience for our candidates throughout the application and assessment process. Here, you will find information about what to expect and some guidance around your assessment and interview.
While the application process depends on the role, there are some constant steps, which are;
Step 1 - Your application
Step 2 - Your assessment
Step 3 - Your interview
Step 4 - Next steps
We aim to create an inclusive work environment where everyone can reach their full potential. If you require any adjustments to our recruitment process, please let us know as part of your application.
Find out more information here.
Barclays offers a diverse, inclusive and engaged culture. A place where people can bring their whole selves to work and be respected for who they are, valued for what they do and celebrated for their contribution to our business and our community.
We are an equal opportunity employer and opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a Carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
This is the spirit of Barclays. It’s why we exist, what we believe and how we behave. But most importantly, it’s how we make decisions, take action and get things done.
We exist to provide responsible finance to people and business – but also a whole lot more.
We believe great talent RISES. It acts with Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We discover our full potential through our desire to Empower, Challenge and Drive each other.