Product Manager Cash Management - Barclays Europe
As a Barclays Product Manager Cash Management within Barclays Europe, you could be based either in Frankfurt or Dublin. This is an exciting opportunity where you’ll be designing, building, and managing Barclays Europe Cash Management products on an end-to-end basis that generates sustainable returns by helping clients to achieve their business ambitions in the right way. Representing Barclays Europe at relevant industry forums and supporting front-line and Product colleagues with complex queries.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognizes and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a career, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Creating, managing, and changing products, while proactively engaging with clients to ensure our products address their needs and respond to market conditions
• Managing risk appetite, profitability, quality of service and performance of the products
• Assisting with defining strategy, undertaking product gap analyses, and delivering product improvements and enhancements to help the Sales targets for increased market/retention
• Building and maintaining customer relationships with valuable key names in help of and collaboration with the Barclays Europe Sales and Coverage teams
• Combining client insights with a knowledge of the financial, risk and operational underpinnings of the product to recommend propositions that solve client problems
• Driving commercial performance and contributing to the overall Transaction Banking and Corporate Banking performance, ensuring long-term revenue sustainability
• Owning periodic product reviews and oversee regulatory compliance, adherence to operating model and ownership of regulatory impacts
• Maintaining the product-related governance and controls agenda in cooperation with key internal stakeholders such as Ops Rigor, Controls, Compliance, Business Management
What we’re looking for:
• Excellent analytical capability, with a problem-solving mind-set and ability to present complex data in a simple and concise way to help decision making
• In-depth knowledge of product lifecycle discipline and end-to-end processes
• Proven track record of owning and delivering projects and/or initiatives
• Experience working with, and influence, key stakeholders from across the business
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Experience of product ownership in a financial services organisation and regulatory environment
• Working knowledge of the full range of business disciplines e.g., Compliance, Operations, Service, Sales, Marketing, IT, Finance, and Risk
Where will you be working?
Our new Frankfurt office is based in the heart of the new business district in the Taunus Turm. It boasts modern, collaborative workspaces and offers a gym, several different food outlets close by and direct access to a large park.
You will be based in our new flagship office, One Molesworth Street, which is in the heart of Dublin city centre. We are currently expanding which drives a culture of change and hard work ethic, nonetheless the company maintains an open, friendly atmosphere. This is enhanced through our unique onboarding programs and several committees which all employees are eligible to join.