Relationship Support Manager - Corporate Banking
This role is deemed as a Controlled Function role under the Central Bank of Ireland Fitness and Probity Regulations and may require the role holder to hold mandatory regulatory qualifications or the minimum qualifications to meet internal company benchmarks.
As a Barclays Relationship Support Manager Corporate Banking, you will be developing and maintaining relationships with a portfolio of customers (Financial Institutions). Be part of the Inbound/Outbound Corporate Coverage Team managing relationships with subsidiaries and branches of Barclays’ key strategic clients and assisting the Relationship Directors with product knowledge, sales research, and research into solutions to meet customers’ needs using market and industry information & risk management for the portfolio.
Barclays Europe is an essential part of Barclays’ success across the globe. We support the bank’s global growth by servicing European clients and markets. We connect European clients to the power of Barclays globally, offering them access to the largest capital markets and growth opportunities in the US, UK, and Asia. And we offer agile, determined, and resilient people a platform or remarkable professional and personal growth. This is your chance to get closer to Europe and stay more connected than ever to the rest of the globe.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, established in 1690, with a legacy of success, quality, and innovation. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
At Barclays, we offer a hybrid working experience that blends the positives of working alongside colleagues at our onsite locations, together with working from home. We have a structured approach where colleagues work at an onsite location on fixed, ‘anchor’, days of the week, for a minimum of two days a week or more, as set by the business area (or nearest equivalent if working part-time hours). Please discuss the working pattern requirements for the role you are applying for with the hiring manager. Please note that as we continue to embed our hybrid working environment, we remain in a test and learn phase, which means that working arrangements may be subject to change on reasonable notice to ensure we meet the needs of our business.
What will you be doing?
• Acting as first point of contact for clients along with the Relationship Director, co-ordinating introductions to and from other areas of the Barclays Group
• Generating and monitoring leads, preparing pricing, and assisting with credit applications Assisting with the development of, and revisions to the Client Relationship plan
• Identifying and researching potential new customers and maintaining a database
• Assisting with annual client reviews and making recommendations to Relationship Directors
• Preparing client meeting presentations, engaging product specialists in Ireland/ Europe and other areas of the group ensuring a robust contact strategy is in place
• Ensuring compliance with mandatory Risk policies and procedures relating to governance, regulatory compliance (including Financial Crime), operational and legal risk
• Building effective working partnerships with internal support functions, including Credit, Legal, KYC, Compliance and Operations
What we’re looking for:
• Experience within financial services
• Knowledge of Corporate Banking products, Debt, etc
• Credit Analysis and risk management, KYC, Due Diligence
• Sound knowledge of banking, and operational procedures, plus lending, FX and understanding of security requirement
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Ability to build relationships and stakeholder management
• Multi-lingual, ffluency in English and German, and the ability to work collaboratively within a small, but ambitious local team where flexibility and adaptability are key qualities
• Excellent time-management, self-planning and organizational skills as well as excellent presentation skills and interpersonal skills and IT Skills (Microsoft standard packages)
• Experience in Customer Due Diligence procedures, awareness of Financial Crime policy and procedures
Where will you be working?
Our new Frankfurt office is based in the heart of the new business district in the Taunus Turm. It boasts modern, collaborative workspaces and offers a gym, a number of different food outlets close by and direct access to a large park.