Analyst – RIS Market Risk –FRTB
As a Barclays Analyst – RIS Market Risk –FRTB, you will work as part of the Risk Information Services (RIS) Team and manage the processes for one or more asset classes. You will be responsible for ensuring quality and timeliness targets are met for production of the Risk numbers supporting Value at Risk (VaR) based processes and Fundamental Review of the Trading Book (FRTB) focussed processes and analysis.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognizes and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a career, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month, or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally can request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• You will gain an understanding of the Market Risk infrastructure by supporting daily RIS processes to ensure timely publication of VaR and the risk measures
• You will be actively involved in user testing of IT solutions to ensure the business requirements are met
• Collaborating with RIS teams in other locations towards completion of tasks relating to VaR, stress and position reporting
• You will perform detailed analysis of risk measures, model impact and appropriate controls around FRTB internal model approach
• Investigating Data Quality issues and driving the remediation by collaborating with IT teams, ensuring accuracy and consistency of Data across the various reporting work streams
• Streamlining end to end process steps focussed on controls, governance and reporting and ensure high quality documentation of the processes
• You will be responsible for the facilitation of training to RIS team members
• Planning and scheduling production processes for regular and Business Continuity Management Purposes
What we’re looking for:
• Numerate post graduate qualification or equivalent experience
• Thorough understanding of market risk methodologies and infrastructure especially reporting data flows and processes in one or more of the asset classes
• Extensive experience and knowledge of Capital reporting regulatory requirements particularly with reference to FRTB
• A good understanding of Risk Control and Governance framework with an aim to assisting with the monitoring and management of the control tasks
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Established computing skills including Advanced Excel and Python and high degree of proficiency in SQL
• Financial products knowledge
• Experience in Market Risk Data Quality Control
• Drive to learn, create ideas and use initiative when faced with complexities
Where will you be working?
Our new state-of-the-art Campus, right in the heart of Glasgow is a hub of creative collaboration. A place where everyone can bring their true selves to work and reach their full potential. Home to 5,000 of our colleagues, our Tradeston campus will support the community in more ways than one - by creating thousands of new career opportunities and celebrating local artists. A short walk from Central Station on the south of the Clyde, it will be a key location for the Barclays business that will deepen our ties with the city and its communities.