Jun. 29, 2022
COO & Functions
Business Design Analyst
As a Barclays Business Design Analyst, you will be part of the business design & change team which aims to bridge the gap between change strategy and execution, within Wholesale Client On Boarding (WCOB) Transformation through robust operating models covering people, process, data and systems. As a member of the team, you will work on major transformation initiatives within client onboarding & maintenance, focusing on delivering business design and target operating models within WCOB.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We are currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Supporting the TC01 WCOB strategy to provide onboarding operations and functions
• Defining robust operating models that underpin operational and tech change with impact assessments
• Identifying customer journeys and business use cases through stakeholder workshops
• Helping define tactical milestones that minimize regret cost, from current state to target state
• Presenting clear articulation of operational v technology-supported change
• Working with business SME’s to draw out detailed knowledge of the current operating model
What we’re looking for:
• Excellent stakeholder management skills, with the ability to build and leverage relationships and influence decision-making
• Excellent analytical/problem solving mind set but with the ability and willingness to get into the details to find solutions
• Excellent relationship building, communication, presentation and influencing skills. Able to work with senior stakeholders and SMEs
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Knowledge of the overall Operational landscape within Onboarding and client refresh
• Knowledge of Barclays’ Businesses, Products, Processes and Technology
• Business Change experience in cross functional teams
• Broad experience of best practice business change methodologies and tools, combined with the ability to adhere to best practice
Where will you be working?
Our new state-of-the-art Campus, right in the heart of Glasgow is a hub of creative collaboration. A place where everyone can bring their true selves to work and reach their full potential. Home to 5,000 of our colleagues, our Tradeston campus will support the community in more ways than one - by creating thousands of new career opportunities and celebrating local artists. A short walk from Central Station on the south of the Clyde, it will be a key location for the Barclays business that will deepen our ties with the city and its communities
Northampton was the birthplace of Barclaycard in 1966 and we've been based in Pavilion Drive since the building opened in 1997.
We purchased the building from the landlord in early 2018 as a sign of our commitment to investment in Northampton. Plans to further develop this Campus-style location are under way to allow for a real collaborative work environment. Based just off the A45 it is easily accessible by both car and bus routes.
The Barclays Way
This is the spirit of Barclays. It’s why we exist, what we believe and how we behave. But most importantly, it’s how we make decisions, take action and get things done.
We exist to provide responsible finance to people and business – but also a whole lot more.
We believe great talent RISES. It acts with Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We discover our full potential through our desire to Empower, Challenge and Drive each other.
More about working at Barclays
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Respect: We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
Integrity: We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
Service: We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
Excellence: We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
Stewardship: We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Barclays offers a diverse, inclusive and engaged culture. A place where people can bring their whole selves to work and be respected for who they are, valued for what they do and celebrated for their contribution to our business and our community.
We are an equal opportunity employer and opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a Carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.