Job Title: Business Insights Analyst
As a Barclays Business Insights and Analytics Analyst you will instrumental in facilitating the delivery high quality data insight, utilising a range of business intelligence services and data sources to ensure comprehensive operational oversight. You will provide support for key projects, providing key reporting outputs to operational teams & leadership and external buyers, whilst ensuring compliance with Financial Crime Operations policies and work practices.
What will you be doing?
• Building and utilising reports in a range of mediums from Excel & SQL to bespoke Business Intelligence tools such as Qlik, Business Objects & Tableau
• You will be utilising & promoting reports with Big Data & Data Warehousing solutions
• You will experiment and identify various analytical methods\techniques best suited to data challenges.
• Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
• Utilising design skills to produce and maintain clear, articulate & insightful reporting
• You will actively drive improvements to ineffective or wasteful processes and procedures, applying Lean methodology to identify best practices
• Managing and supporting team improvement initiatives to improve Financial Crime Operations processes or KPIs
• You will be staying up to date with latest technology and techniques while working to identify appropriate use cases to drive insight and share best practices within the team
What we’re looking for:
• Experience with scripting languages (VBA, Python, SQL), statistical software (SAS / R) and data visualisation software (Tableau)
• Efficient in office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access)
• Experience in optimising and automating reporting, identifying appropriate opportunities to do so in order to drive capacity benefits
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Experience in quantitate & statistical analytics, undertaking data manipulation of large datasets through the use of scripting languages
• Previously worked in Financial Services
• Experience in stakeholder management at a senior level
Where will you be working?
We’ve been in Scotland for 250 years, and our significance has never been as important as it is today. You can find Princes House in West Campbell Street, a short walk from both Central and Queen Street Stations, and not far from Sauchiehall Street and Argyll Street, two of the city’s main shopping hubs. We’re committed to giving everyone the opportunity to thrive at Barclays, investing
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. Where appropriate, and for UK based roles, we will consider requests that the role be based at alternative Barclays’ key UK location from that advertised.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the Hiring Manager.
Our dynamic working programme has been set up to help Barclays colleagues achieve an optimal work/life balance. Arrangements we offer range from working at home and changing regular hours to taking career breaks. Our Dynamic Working initiatives support colleagues at all stages of their lives, helping them with parenthood, caring, further studies and hobbies.