In Barclays Technology, we build solutions that make life simple for our customers. Solutions that are global, agile and smart. As a part of our team, you'll recode and reimagine, learn and adapt. Rewire what the world needs, and look ahead. This is where you can be at your best. Where you can redefine the future of finance.
May. 19, 2022
COO & Functions
Consumer Risk Data Application Support
As Barclays Consumer Risk Data Application Support for Business, you will be facing applications in Consumer Risk , Finance, Treasury & Liquidity within Risk, Finance & Treasury functional area. You will require Level 2 Subject Matter Expert in Production Support for live systems and maintain and improve application software support methods, standards, KPI’s and SLA’s across all ITS supported applications and software. Provding ownership, resolution of incidents/faults logged against applications/systems supported by the Application Support team.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We are currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Ensuring completeness of root cause for major/critical incidents, and where possible resolve or provide workarounds and improvements to mitigate future incidents
• Providing assistance to the Applications Development team with testing and deployment of application/software changes/releases through formal change management
• Participating in the process of integrating and releasing new application/software functionality into ‘business-as-usual’ environment
• Ensuring all service acceptance and operational deliverables have been successfully developed and agreed prior to handover
• Managing requests for IT application/system access, ensuring full compliance to agreed SLA’s, security policies and procedures
• Being proactive in monitor applications/systems to capture potential issues (e.g. alerts, performance) before occuring, in accordance with monitoring/maintenance procedures
• You will continually reviewing the service provided to end-users and customers to ensure it meets agreed service levels and all customers’ requirements
• Liaising with stakeholders, conducting customer satisfaction surveys and electronic monitoring. Identify improvements to the service provided
What we’re looking for:
• Graduate / Post graduate degree in Computer Science, or related fields
• Experience in Production Support (Batch & user support) with high proficiency in windows, Unix, Big data concepts especially Hadoop and ETL technologies
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, presentation skills, and ability to facilitate cross-functional cooperation across senior stakeholders
• Experience in ITIL Service Delivery and Support, preferably with a formal ITIL qualification (or their equivalents outside of the ITIL framework)
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Working knowledge in BFSI domain (2+ years guideline)
• Experience of working to tight deadlines in a fast-moving environment with an ability to work in a virtual team
• Well organized with excellent time management, able to work in a pressurised environment
• Ability to understand the business context and respond to users is more important over the in-depth technology skills
Where will you be working?
Our new state-of-the-art Campus, right in the heart of Glasgow is a hub of creative collaboration. A place where everyone can bring their true selves to work and reach their full potential. Home to 5,000 of our colleagues, our Tradeston campus will support the community in more ways than one - by creating thousands of new career opportunities and celebrating local artists. A short walk from Central Station on the south of the Clyde, it will be a key location for the Barclays business that will deepen our ties with the city and its communities.
What you get in return
However high you rise at Barclays, we believe all our employees should receive a competitive package of core benefits flexible to you and your family’s needs. At Barclays, you’ll support our customers and clients, and we’ll support you with rewards that will genuinely make a difference.
To be successful in Barclays Technology, there are a few things we look for. Creativity, curiosity, and an excitement of what we can offer, and what you can do here.
We are continually investing in the technology powering our business. This means rebuilding and reinventing our systems to make them fit for a world-class future. It means developing systems that help us support and protect the global economy. It means anticipating the future and taking Barclays forward as a technology-led business. We are building a team of the most perceptive and talented tech analysts, engineers and developers fluent in the most current languages to deliver all of this, and more.
Where do you want to take your tech career?
Financial services is going through a massive transformation, and here at Barclays we’re leading the way. People are our greatest asset. And that’s why we give our colleagues the opportunity and space to explore their ideas, and innovate on a global scale.
Find out more about what our leaders think the Barclays workforce of the future will look like.
The Barclays Way
This is the spirit of Barclays. It’s why we exist, what we believe and how we behave. But most importantly, it’s how we make decisions, take action and get things done.
We exist to provide responsible finance to people and business – but also a whole lot more.
We believe great talent RISES. It acts with Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We discover our full potential through our desire to Empower, Challenge and Drive each other.
I find that the work/life balance in my current role allows me to be more productive and flexible, to ensure my personal and professional ‘lives’ have the attention they need.
Head of Client Management Application Support – Whippany, New Jersey
Barclays technology has a crucial role to play and I have relished the opportunity to be involved in game-changing tech programmes.
Business Banking and BFA Chief Information Officer – Radbroke, Knutsford
The great thing about Barclays is that I get to work on great technological pieces, while seeing the effect they have on this important business.
Electronic Trading Technology – Prague, Czech Republic
Barclays’ strong values of Service and Excellence are very much evident in the work we do. Our exciting tech solutions have improved customer and colleague experiences, and added huge value to the bank.
Delivery Manager and Business Analyst – Pune, India
More about working at Barclays
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Respect: We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
Integrity: We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
Service: We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
Excellence: We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
Stewardship: We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Barclays offers a diverse, inclusive and engaged culture. A place where people can bring their whole selves to work and be respected for who they are, valued for what they do and celebrated for their contribution to our business and our community.
We are an equal opportunity employer and opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a Carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.