Control Business Partner - Cloud
As a Barclays Control Business Partner, you will have a Senior role within BX CCO accountable for strengthening the control environment for Public Cloud across operational risk horizontals including Technology Risk, Information Security Risk, Data Management Risk, Operational Resilience Planning, Third Party Risk Management [TPRM] and Cyber Risk themes. You will be providing control business partnership services to the business which allow for targeted control focused interventions.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognizes and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Providing oversight, guidance and assistance relating to issues management in respect of risk and control issues
• Ensuring frameworks are implemented and managed effectively
• Providing advice, education and awareness relating to issues management as part of continuous improvement
• Driving improved and sustainable controls culture
• Acting as the point of coordination and syndication of Cloud risk
• You will be a Subject matter expert on Cloud controls, partner with horizontal owners to refresh and strengthen policies and standards
What we’re looking for:
• Ability to influence at senior management level
• Excellent understanding and knowledgeable on aspects of Enterprise Risk Management Framework (ERMF), Operational Risk Framework
• Broad experience of working in or within a Control type role /team with the ability to demonstrate a risk management mindset
• Excellent people management skills
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Working knowledge and practical experience of the regulations and standards of relevant industry bodies and organizations [NIST, ISO, PRA, EBA, FFEIC] and others
• Possesses or studying towards Institute of Risk Management (IRM) or (ISC)² Certified Cloud Security Professional
• Possesses or studying towards relevant technical cloud technical qualifications such as AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
• Effective written and oral communication skills, with the ability to present credibly to senior stakeholders
Where will you be working?
Our new state-of-the-art Campus, right in the heart of Glasgow is a hub of creative collaboration. A place where everyone can bring their true selves to work and reach their full potential. Home to 5,000 of our colleagues, our Tradeston campus will support the community in more ways than one - by creating thousands of new career opportunities and celebrating local artists. A short walk from Central Station on the south of the Clyde, it will be a key location for the Barclays business that will deepen our ties with the city and its communities.
You will be based in Radbroke, Knutsford. The Barclays Technology Campus just outside Manchester is our tech command Centre and a vital strategic powerhouse behind our global operations. The campus is set in a 64acre self-contained site, in a beautiful green environment and it offers unrivalled facilities for work and for play. We have an onsite gym, as well as outdoor tennis, football and cricket areas, as well as onsite restaurant and coffee shops.
#LI-Remote and #LI-Hybrid