Date live: 01/31/2020
Reference Code: 90253424
Business Area: COO & Functions
Area of Expertise: Technology
Markets Execution Credit Java Developer
A new opportunity has become available for a Java Developer within our Markets Execution Team in Glasgow. This dedicated team at Barclays manages a variety of systems and technologies to provide best-in-class electronic financial services. The businesses are spreads across a variety of asset classes, product types and provide services to internal trading desks as well as external clients. Combined with this, the team is also responsible for a wide range of software products including trading GUIs, low-latency trading systems, and algorithmic trading services, and the infrastructure necessary to support these systems. This is a highly dynamic and collaborative, with members working on a variety of projects alongside other departments in order to produce both effective and innovative solutions.
What will you be doing?
• Hands on technical design and development of high quality, globally available and sustainable solutions.
• Cross-regional Level 3 support of the Production estate and capacity, performance and resiliency initiatives.
• Agile collaboration with teams in Europe and Asia to maintain a global offering consistent with regional business requirements and standards.
• Contribute to conformance with regulatory and market structural change, as well as compliance and control standards.
• Strategic Platform and Processing; follow common design and implementation practices and reuse of technology in line with agreed strategic objectives.
• Support analysis, testing, and operations teams
What we’re looking for:
• Proficient with Core Java
• Strong skills in object oriented design and development
• Multi-threading, memory management, or performance tuning
• Core Java, JMS, Solace, TibcoRv, MQ or other enterprise messaging middleware
• Experience with development and build tools, ideally: Maven, Git, IntelliJ, Eclipse
• Experience with dependency injections frameworks, ideally: Spring
• Understanding of relational databases
• Full software lifecycle development experience
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Excellent analytical and decision making skills
• Critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Experience as a developer of real-time solutions for electronic trading in FX, Commodities, Rates or Credit markets
• Expericence with Cloud solutions (AWS)
• Experience with scripting languages like bash, perl, python
Where will you be working?
This role will be based in the Aurora Building, 1 of our 3 modern City Centre locations until our
exciting new campus location overlooking the River Clyde is opened in late 2020. Aurora is close to the main stations, other transport links and also benefits from an onsite canteen
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
What you get in return
However high you rise at Barclays, we believe all our employees should receive a competitive package of core benefits flexible to you and your family’s needs. At Barclays, you’ll support our customers and clients, and we’ll support you with rewards that will genuinely make a difference.
Competitive holiday allowance
Private medical care
To be successful in Barclays Technology, there are a few things we look for. Creativity, curiosity, and an excitement of what we can offer, and what you can do here.
We really love to code. And we love to make that code work for our millions of global customers. Built in a way that makes life simpler. For you, that means reinventing what money means to the world. It means going that step further to develop something that can handle millions of trades or millions of transactions a day. It’s a big responsibility. Are you ready to rethink your future?
Barclays workforce of the future
Financial services is going through a massive transformation, and here at Barclays we’re leading the way. People are our greatest asset. And that’s why we give our colleagues the opportunity and space to explore their ideas, and innovate on a global scale.
Find out more about what our leaders think the Barclays workforce of the future will look like.
"Working here makes me feel supported, valued, recognised, appreciated and has given me plenty of opportunities to grow."
ETL Developer in Market Risk, Glasgow
"Barclays is a great place to work because the teams here have a very positive energy to them. There is a lot of camaraderie and team spirit here."
Engineering Lead, Fraud Detection, Whippany
"One of my favourite things about working for Barclays is the freedom to explore different technical solutions to a variety of problems. It's a great way of expanding my knowledge and keeps me on my toes!"
Java Developer, Glasgow
"I’m really pleased with the work I’ve done so far. Because Barclays relies on technology to provide services that are so important to millions of people, we value quality over quantity, especially in software design."
Wolf Team, Prague
You have not saved any jobs yet
You have not viewed any jobs yet