Employee Relations Case Manager
As a Barclays Employee Relations Case Manager, you will be responsible for providing end to end ER support and advice to managers and HRBPs within the ER Case Management Service Line across all Barclays businesses. Case Managers will ordinarily be aligned to a specific client group but will be afforded opportunities to obtain experience across all our UK businesses. This role will primarily support cases within the BX/BUK businesses and is based in Glasgow.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognizes and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month, or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally can request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Attending as ER support for managers in meetings, typically in investigation, disciplinary and grievance hearings and witness interviews
• Advising on complaints of harassment, from informal resolution to oversight of any formal process to a successful conclusion
• Assessing cases and providing advice on potential Conduct Rules breaches in line with the UK SMCR regime
• Provision of analytics, insights and trends to HRBPs and case escalation point of contact
• Ensuring accurate data is recorded for all ER cases enabling greater visibility, trend analysis and insights
• Supporting on the high-risk/complex/senior level cases, involving regulatory matters, including liaison with senior stakeholders
• Working across ER Case Management, other areas of ER and HR regarding process improvement identification and working to implement improvements
What we’re looking for:
• Depth of ER technical skills as an SME, particularly in relation to all elements of case management, ideally supported by an ER or Employment Law / relevant Legal qualification
• Experience of working with a fast paced, complex client group as a “trusted advisor”
• Solid understanding of regulatory landscape, excellent working knowledge of internal policies and procedures and forthcoming developments both internally and externally
• Experience of managing a range of ER processes including investigations, disciplinary, grievance, capability, sickness management, exit management etc
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Highly developed organisational skills and ability to work under pressure due to the volume of cases and projects being managed
• Influencing and negotiating skills – having the ability to influence senior stakeholders in complex and high risk cases
• Excellent teamwork skills – working collaboratively and flexibly with colleagues as part of the Case Management team and the wider ER Service line
• Computer literate with knowledge and experience of using Microsoft packages and familiarity with handling and analysing data and MI
Where will you be working?
Our new state-of-the-art Campus, right in the heart of Glasgow is a hub of creative collaboration. A place where everyone can bring their true selves to work and reach their full potential. Home to 5,000 of our colleagues, our Tradeston campus will support the community in more ways than one - by creating thousands of new career opportunities and celebrating local artists. A short walk from Central Station on the south of the Clyde, it will be a key location for the Barclays business that will deepen our ties with the city and its communities.