As a Barclays Executive Assistant, you will use your knowledge to provide professional and efficient EA/ PA support to the Managing Directors and Directors (MD/ Ds) within Legal and Barclays Corporate Secretariat (BCS). In your new role you will be responsible for building an understanding of the bank’s processes and objectives, so the MD/ Ds they support can rely on their judgement to understand relative priorities and how the various appointments, meetings, and outputs contribute towards that.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances
Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Maintaining multiple calendars, organising and scheduling meetings, and arranging video conferences/ meeting rooms, where required
• Tracking of acceptances and declines for internal and external meetings and taking necessary follow up steps
• Being in charge of general administrative duties, including maintaining holiday records, creating and maintaining team distribution lists and ordering stationery
• Solving simple IT issues, and liaising with the IT Desk and Go to Team to resolve day-to-day issues
• Managing and organising the on-boarding of new joiners and off-boarding of leavers for the team
• Booking and managing all travel arrangements, accommodation, visas, and preparing travel business itineraries
• Processing expenses ensuring they are reconciled in a timely manner ahead of deadline and adhering to Barclays Global Travel and Expense Policy
• Maintaining confidential and sensitive information, and acting with discretion and integrity at all times
What we’re looking for:
• Proven track record of providing administrative support to Managing Directors and Directors and IT Skills relevant packages e.g. Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
• Ability to provide administrative support in a location agnostic manner (i.e. principals could be based in a different office/ location)
• Ability to work seamlessly with other assistants as and when required but also to be able to work on their own to achieve deadlines and business goals
• Proven working experience within a fast paced and demanding environment within professional service organisations and a corporate or financial institution
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Working knowledge of office administration procedures
• Excellent written and communication skills with a high-level of attention to detail and the ability to priorities and operate under pressure in a fast-moving environment
• Previous Executive Assistant experience in a Legal environment (law firm or in-house)
• Familiar using Coupa and Concur systems
Where will you be working?
Our new state-of-the-art Campus, right in the heart of Glasgow is a hub of creative collaboration. A place where everyone can bring their true selves to work and reach their full potential. Home to 5,000 of our colleagues, our Tradeston campus will support the community in more ways than one - by creating thousands of new career opportunities and celebrating local artists. A short walk from Central Station on the south of the Clyde, it will be a key location for the Barclays business that will deepen our ties with the city and its communities.
#LI - Hybrid