Global Contract Services Prime Services and Prime Derivative Services Negotiator
As a Barclays Global Contract Services Prime Services and Prime Derivative Services Negotiator this is an exciting opportunity where you will be responsible for drafting, negotiating and executing various master trading documentation in support of the Barclays Prime Services, Exchange Traded Derivatives, OTC Clearing, Intermediation, Securities Financing Transaction and Securitized Products businesses. You will be involved in the negotiation of master trading documentation for the firm’s Markets business.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognizes and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a career, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month, or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally can request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Identifying processes that can be improved around data capture, technology and documentation
• Ensuring compliance with legal, regulatory and documentation risk controls and adhere to associated guidelines and procedures
• Maintaining up to date, working knowledge of the products covered and applicable regulations
• Establishing and maintaining strong partnership with relevant internal to ensure seamless completion of requests
• Assisting with ad hoc projects and successfully managing them to completion
• Making recommendations for efficiencies within the team and proactively assist in implementing approved changes
• Managing the negotiations process by identifying and escalating potential risks and other issues in a timely manner
• Providing the business with the regulatory and legal impact of issues raised during negotiations to facilitate timely decisions and tailor solutions for relevant stakeholders
What we’re looking for:
• Bachelor’s degree or educational equivalent
• Experience with a financial services firm or law firm
• Competence in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
• Knowledge and understanding of the suite of prime services agreements, the financial industry and Legal roles
Skills that will help you in the role
• Team player with ability to work autonomously and with others
• Demonstrated interpersonal, communication, organizational, analytical and time management skills
• Demonstrated attention to detail
• Solid ability to navigate through various IT systems used by the Legal function
Where will you be working?
Our new state-of-the-art Campus, right in the heart of Glasgow is a hub of creative collaboration. A place where everyone can bring their true selves to work and reach their full potential. Home to 5,000 of our colleagues, our Tradeston campus will support the community in more ways than one - by creating thousands of new career opportunities and celebrating local artists. A short walk from Central Station on the south of the Clyde, it will be a key location for the Barclays business that will deepen our ties with the city and its communities.