Investment Operations Analyst - 12-month FTC
As a Barclays Investment Operations Analyst, you will process operational tasks as part of the Investment Operations team in the Asset Servicing Function which manages the client’s assets to ensure processing of corporate events & allocation of income and distributions. You will work under Asset Servicing Function, which is accountable for providing world class client service across a diverse client base.
You’ll also be a part of a business critical 12-month project in a growing team where future opportunities may arise upon its completion.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognizes and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month, or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally can request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Processing of operational tasks across the client portfolios while being accountable for the delivery of own work against productivity and accuracy measures
• Coaching team members and the validation and verification of work produced by others using quality assurance processes
• Identifying and managing exceptions and non-standard activity that do not conform to standard procedures
• Supporting the identification of breaches and/or risk events and completion of root cause analysis
• Managing identification process enhancements to benefit client and team performance
• Being accountable for managing and resolving, escalating where necessary cash and stock reconciliation breaks
What we’re looking for:
• Will have a proven record within an operational environment with experience in problem solving and knowledge of operational risk & control processes and practices
• Knowledge and expertise in FCA CASS rules
• Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to effectively communicate with stakeholders and colleagues internally and externally
• Effective time management and prioritisation when working to multiple and challenging deadlines
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Investment Operations or industry experience
• Background in reviewing and improving processes to enhance client experience
• Experience in quality assurance processes and working in Operations
Where will you be working?
Our new state-of-the-art Campus, right in the heart of Glasgow is a hub of creative collaboration. A place where everyone can bring their true selves to work and reach their full potential. Home to 5,000 of our colleagues, our Tradeston campus will support the community in more ways than one - by creating thousands of new career opportunities and celebrating local artists. A short walk from Central Station on the south of the Clyde, it will be a key location for the Barclays business that will deepen our ties with the city and its communities.