As a Barclays ISDA Negotiator, you will have a unique opportunity to be accountable for drafting, negotiating, and executing various master trading documentation in support of the Barclays Markets business. For this role, you will be recognised as a subject matter expert on both the ISDA (International Swaps and Derivatives Association) Master Agreements managed by GCS (Global Contract Services).
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, established in 1690, with a legacy of success, quality, and innovation. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
At Barclays, we offer a hybrid working experience that blends the positives of working alongside colleagues at our onsite locations, together with working from home. We have a structured approach where colleagues work at an onsite location on fixed, ‘anchor’, days of the week, for a minimum of two days a week or more, as set by the business area (or nearest equivalent if working part-time hours). Please discuss the working pattern requirements for the role you are applying for with the hiring manager. Please note that as we continue to embed our hybrid working environment, we remain in a test and learn phase, which means that working arrangements may be subject to change on reasonable notice to ensure we meet the needs of our business.
What will you be doing?
• Drafting, negotiating, and executing capital markets contract documentation with an assigned portfolio of Barclays counterparties (e.g., ISDA Master Agreement)
• Ensuring compliance with legal, regulatory and documentation risk controls and adhering to associated guidelines and procedures
• Maintaining up to date, working knowledge of the products covered and applicable regulations
• Conducting independent legal research and managing relationships with external counsel, where necessary, in accordance with Barclays requirements on external legal spend
• Determining processes that can be improved around data capture, technology, and documentation
• Assisting team members in managing negotiations with clients, including imparting know-how on possible approaches
• Drafting of variations and working closely with Markets lawyers on issues associated with those variations
What we’re looking for:
• Experience drafting ISDA agreements
• Competence in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
• Experience with a financial services firm or law firm
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Law degree or qualified lawyer admitted in France, England & Wales or other jurisdiction
• Ability to navigate through various IT systems used by the Legal function
• Familiarity with regulatory project implementation
• Proficiency or competence in other language (e.g., Spanish or Italian)
Where will you be working?
Our new state-of-the-art Campus, right in the heart of Glasgow is a hub of creative collaboration. A place where everyone can bring their true selves to work and reach their full potential. Home to 5,000 of our colleagues, our Tradeston campus will support the community in more ways than one - by creating thousands of new career opportunities and celebrating local artists. A short walk from Central Station on the south of the Clyde, it will be a key location for the Barclays business that will deepen our ties with the city and its communities.