Master Documentation Negotiator
As a Barclays Master Documentation Negotiator, you will join our Global Contract Services Team (GCS), a team of lawyers and industry professionals working in the Legal department, performing negotiations of Master Trading Netting Agreements with the Bank’s counterparties. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a knowledgeable team, where you will be playing a key role providing service to all coverage areas within EMEA, mainly focusing on Barclays’ asset management client base.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We are currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Negotiating and executing master trading agreements as well as ancillary documentation
• Ensuring compliance with legal, regulatory and documentation risk controls and adhering to associated guidelines and procedures
• Preparing and delivering training and presentations to colleagues in legal and other areas of the Bank
• Performing quality checks on negotiations conducted by other negotiators prior to execution and identifying processes to be improved around data capture and technology
• Working closely with senior stakeholders to establish client trading relationships and to advise regarding risk controls, explaining complex legal issues in a commercial manner
• Assisting in the design and implementation of projects and other longer-term objectives
• Proactively seeking resolutions to blockages in any negotiation by collaborating with other colleagues or stakeholders and using extensive knowledge of the products
• Effectively managing relationships with internal and external clients, to understand how we can support them in a more efficient manner
What we’re looking for:
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree qualified
• Financial services experience, in legal or as a negotiator
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
• Communication, negotiation and project management skills. Ability to partner with colleagues across teams to drive end-to-end projects in accordance with set deadlines
Skills that will help you in the role:
• French, Italian or Spanish speaker would be ideal but not essential
• Qualified lawyer in Scotland, England & Wales or other jurisdiction would be preferred
Where will you be working?
Our new state-of-the-art Campus, right in the heart of Glasgow is a hub of creative collaboration. A place where everyone can bring their true selves to work and reach their full potential. Home to 5,000 of our colleagues, our Tradeston campus will support the community in more ways than one - by creating thousands of new career opportunities and celebrating local artists. A short walk from Central Station on the south of the Clyde, it will be a key location for the Barclays business that will deepen our ties with the city and its communities.