- About Us
- Business Areas
- Early Careers
You have not viewed any jobs yet.
Date live: Feb. 20, 2023
Business Area: COO & Functions
Area of Expertise: Legal
Reference Code: 90337373
Take a look at the map to see what’s nearby. Train stations & bus stops, gyms, restaurants and more.Explore location
Master Documentation Negotiator
As a Barclays Master Documentation Negotiator, you will join our Global Contract Services Team (GCS), a team of lawyers and industry professionals working in the Legal department, performing negotiations of Master Trading Netting Agreements with the Bank’s counterparties. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a knowledgeable team, where you will be playing a key role providing service to all coverage areas within EMEA, mainly focusing on Barclays’ asset management client base.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We are currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Negotiating and executing master trading agreements as well as ancillary documentation
• Ensuring compliance with legal, regulatory and documentation risk controls and adhering to associated guidelines and procedures
• Preparing and delivering training and presentations to colleagues in legal and other areas of the Bank
• Performing quality checks on negotiations conducted by other negotiators prior to execution and identifying processes to be improved around data capture and technology
• Working closely with senior stakeholders to establish client trading relationships and to advise regarding risk controls, explaining complex legal issues in a commercial manner
• Assisting in the design and implementation of projects and other longer-term objectives
• Proactively seeking resolutions to blockages in any negotiation by collaborating with other colleagues or stakeholders and using extensive knowledge of the products
• Effectively managing relationships with internal and external clients, to understand how we can support them in a more efficient manner
What we’re looking for:
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree qualified
• Financial services experience, in legal or as a negotiator
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
• Communication, negotiation and project management skills. Ability to partner with colleagues across teams to drive end-to-end projects in accordance with set deadlines
Skills that will help you in the role:
• French, Italian or Spanish speaker would be ideal but not essential
• Qualified lawyer in Scotland, England & Wales or other jurisdiction would be preferred
Where will you be working?
Our new state-of-the-art Campus, right in the heart of Glasgow is a hub of creative collaboration. A place where everyone can bring their true selves to work and reach their full potential. Home to 5,000 of our colleagues, our Tradeston campus will support the community in more ways than one - by creating thousands of new career opportunities and celebrating local artists. A short walk from Central Station on the south of the Clyde, it will be a key location for the Barclays business that will deepen our ties with the city and its communities.
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Respect: We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
Integrity: We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
Service: We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
Excellence: We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
Stewardship: We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Barclays offers a diverse, inclusive and engaged culture. A place where people can bring their whole selves to work and be respected for who they are, valued for what they do and celebrated for their contribution to our business and our community.
We are an equal opportunity employer and opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a Carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
This is the spirit of Barclays. It’s why we exist, what we believe and how we behave. But most importantly, it’s how we make decisions, take action and get things done.
We exist to provide responsible finance to people and business – but also a whole lot more.
We believe great talent RISES. It acts with Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We discover our full potential through our desire to Empower, Challenge and Drive each other.