Payments Investigations Analyst
As a Barclays Payments Investigations Analyst, you will be working within Global Payments who are a utility service providing payments processing, monitoring, analysis and investigation services across the Barclays group. You will be responsible for providing operational support for investigations and data processes, maintaining in-depth SME knowledge and driving proactive stakeholder engagement.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We are currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Responsible for the accurate and timely processing of payment investigation and data requests within agreed deadlines
• Providing operational support for investigations and data processes across multiple products, payment platforms, currencies, payment schemes and client groups
• Delivering productivity through the continuous improvement and technical development of all areas of the team
• Operating as primary source of expertise and reference for complex and technical queries, as well as issues from operatives in relation to processing
• Maintaining customer privacy at all times, for the rapid resolution of queries/processing issues
• Producing management reports on the team and centre performance
• Providing support for product/work stream
• Managing Audit/MSA actions on behalf of Operations Manager and Senior Team Leaders
What we’re looking for:
• Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of products and systems within the payments area
• Proven experience in financial or accountancy environment, including complex problem resolution
• Proven experience in an Operational and Audit environment
• Ability to be flexible to support other analysts along with the ability to complete or advise on completion of high volume routine/non-routine tasks and prioritise accordingly
Skills that will help you in the role
• Ability to gather data and analyse trends with time and self-organisation skills
• Excellent listening, verbal, written communication, as well as presentation skills with good problem solving and analytical ability
Where will you be working?
Our new state-of-the-art Campus, right in the heart of Glasgow is a hub of creative collaboration. A place where everyone can bring their true selves to work and reach their full potential. Home to 5,000 of our colleagues, our Tradeston campus will support the community in more ways than one - by creating thousands of new career opportunities and celebrating local artists. A short walk from Central Station on the south of the Clyde, it will be a key location for the Barclays business that will deepen our ties with the city and its communities.