In Barclays Technology, we build solutions that make life simple for our customers. Solutions that are global, agile and smart. As a part of our team, you'll recode and reimagine, learn and adapt. Rewire what the world needs, and look ahead. This is where you can be at your best. Where you can redefine the future of finance.
Nov. 25, 2021
COO & Functions
As a Barclays PMO Analyst you will have an opportunity to manage Execution Risk, deliver on our Group strategy and satisfy all our stakeholders. You will deliver initiatives in line with the relevant Policies and Standards, using standard processes and tooling to improve the level and likelihood of successful outcomes. You will be working with stakeholders to ensue awareness of initiative progress and have the information they need to make the right decisions in a timely manner.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
What will you be doing?
• Maintaining and managing initiative documentation, facilitating key governance forums and reinforcing the accountabilities of key stakeholders
• Working together with key stakeholders to ensure decisions are made by the right people and based on the right information; producing relevant and timely initiative MI
• Safeguarding effective change control processes, ensuring the business case is updated and managed through appropriate governance
• Supporting the Programme and/ or Delivery Leads in monitoring and managing workforce and financial requirements
• Drawing insights from available information to inform daily delivery – such as challenging progress, prioritisation of resources or stop/ start/ continue decisions
• Tracking benefits and costs, driving budget efficiency, identifying risks and issues
• Assessing the risks from the change, including tracking of thematic issues, early identification and management of RAIDs, completing Risk Impact Assessments (CRIA) where required
• Supporting the Programme and/ or Delivery Leads in tracking outcomes, ensuring planned outputs deliver the agreed outcomes and that the outcomes remain relevant
What we’re looking for:
• Project management/ PMO and governance experience and basic understanding of project management methodologies
• Proficiency in full Office suite (incl. Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and excellent analytical skills
• Excellent influencing and communication skills, both written and oral and confidence to challenge key stakeholders; acting in partnership with Project and Programme Managers
• Ability to master and navigate new subject domains quickly with a readiness to learn new products and acquire new business process knowledge
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Technical or business academic credentials - professional qualifications (e.g. CFA, FRM or Project Management methodology)
• Experience of Programme Manager Tools (e.g. HP Clarity)
• Understanding of markets flows front to back
• Financial product & business process understanding specifically markets products (Bonds, Derivatives, Repos, Securitised Products)
Where will you be working?
Our new state-of-the-art Campus, right in the heart of Glasgow is a hub of creative collaboration. A place where everyone can bring their true selves to work and reach their full potential. Home to 5,000 of our colleagues, our Tradeston campus will support the community in more ways than one - by creating thousands of new career opportunities and celebrating local artists. A short walk from Central Station on the south of the Clyde, it will be a key location for the Barclays business that will deepen our ties with the city and its communities.
What you get in return
However high you rise at Barclays, we believe all our employees should receive a competitive package of core benefits flexible to you and your family’s needs. At Barclays, you’ll support our customers and clients, and we’ll support you with rewards that will genuinely make a difference.
To be successful in Barclays Technology, there are a few things we look for. Creativity, curiosity, and an excitement of what we can offer, and what you can do here.
We are continually investing in the technology powering our business. This means rebuilding and reinventing our systems to make them fit for a world-class future. It means developing systems that help us support and protect the global economy. It means anticipating the future and taking Barclays forward as a technology-led business. We are building a team of the most perceptive and talented tech analysts, engineers and developers fluent in the most current languages to deliver all of this, and more.
Where do you want to take your tech career?
Financial services is going through a massive transformation, and here at Barclays we’re leading the way. People are our greatest asset. And that’s why we give our colleagues the opportunity and space to explore their ideas, and innovate on a global scale.
Find out more about what our leaders think the Barclays workforce of the future will look like.
I find that the work/life balance in my current role allows me to be more productive and flexible, to ensure my personal and professional ‘lives’ have the attention they need.
Head of Client Management Application Support – Whippany, New Jersey
Barclays technology has a crucial role to play and I have relished the opportunity to be involved in game-changing tech programmes.
Business Banking and BFA Chief Information Officer – Radbroke, Knutsford
The great thing about Barclays is that I get to work on great technological pieces, while seeing the effect they have on this important business.
Electronic Trading Technology – Prague, Czech Republic
Barclays’ strong values of Service and Excellence are very much evident in the work we do. Our exciting tech solutions have improved customer and colleague experiences, and added huge value to the bank.
Delivery Manager and Business Analyst – Pune, India
More about working at Barclays
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Respect: We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
Integrity: We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
Service: We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
Excellence: We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
Stewardship: We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Barclays offers a diverse, inclusive and engaged culture. A place where people can bring their whole selves to work and be respected for who they are, valued for what they do and celebrated for their contribution to our business and our community.
We are an equal opportunity employer and opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a Carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.