Product Control Transformation Senior Analyst
As a Barclays Product Control Transformation Senior Analyst, you will hold responsibility for the execution of specific initiatives as part of the broader Transformation program focusing mainly on the establishment of a US Tax Branch. Being aligned specifically to Product Control, you will have the opportunity to be “hands-on” and get involved in planning, process assessment and mapping, testing, analysis, and communication of all areas pertinent to the project and any other future project operating model design and execution.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
At Barclays, we offer a hybrid working experience that blends the positives of working alongside colleagues at our onsite locations, together with working from home. We have a structured approach where colleagues work at an onsite location on fixed, ‘anchor’, days of the week, for a minimum of two days a week or more, as set by the business area (or nearest equivalent if working part-time hours). Please discuss the working pattern requirements for the role you are applying for with the hiring manager. Please note that as we continue to embed our hybrid working environment, we remain in a test and learn phase, which means that working arrangements may be subject to change on reasonable notice to ensure we meet the needs of our business.
What will you be doing?
• Being responsible for implementing specific initiatives for the Product Control function
• Working with various internal teams and stakeholders to deliver accurate reporting and ensuring appropriate governance and control through execution
• Supporting the establishment of a US Tax Branch to satisfy Tax compliance and efficiency requirement
• Managing change requirements (user testing, implement static and process changes, trade/book migrations) and analysis for the strategic approach
• Accounting for manual data gathering & analysis, data exception handling and resolution and coordination of work across all relevant teams in the tactical approach
• Providing a layer of review and seniority on the massive data management and cross function work that is required for the successful delivery of this project
• Building and maintaining effective working relationships across the relevant stakeholder groups
• Collaborating closely with Product Control line/Financial Control/Risk, Finance and Treasury stakeholders and key Technology contacts responsible for up and downstream systems
What we’re looking for:
• Bachelor’s degree level education and an excellent general academic track record
• Broad financial services experience with knowledge of Finance process, system, and technology
• Established project and program planning and management skills with excellent ability to storyboard and produce best in class presentations
• Developed data manipulation skills including Excel
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Academic and professional qualifications that may include CA/CFA/master’s in finance/Financial Engineering would be an advantage
• Good experience in product control role in financial institution or change management roles in other industries
• Keen analytical skills, attention to detail and able to cope with change and very tight deadlines
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to clearly articulate complicated issues and ensure timely resolution of breaks and issues
Where will you be working?
Our new state-of-the-art Campus, right in the heart of Glasgow is a hub of creative collaboration. A place where everyone can bring their true selves to work and reach their full potential. Home to 5,000 of our colleagues, our Tradeston campus will support the community in more ways than one - by creating thousands of new career opportunities and celebrating local artists. A short walk from Central Station on the south of the Clyde, it will be a key location for the Barclays business that will deepen our ties with the city and its communities.