Stress Testing Senior Manager
As a Barclays Stress Testing Senior Manager, you will be involved with a leading a range of tasks primarily focused on Stress Testing which will include scenario and sensitivity analysis. In addition, your role will support the team’s wider deliverables including transformation programme and provide support to other Barclays Europe (BE) deliverables. This role will require you to provide accurate and insightful input to assist the decision-making process and support BE in delivering its financial commitments and in its regulatory engagements.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, established in 1690, with a legacy of success, quality, and innovation. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
At Barclays, we offer a hybrid working experience that blends the positives of working alongside colleagues at our onsite locations, together with working from home. We have a structured approach where colleagues work at an onsite location on fixed, ‘anchor’, days of the week, for a minimum of two days a week or more, as set by the business area (or nearest equivalent if working part-time hours). Please discuss the working pattern requirements for the role you are applying for with the hiring manager. Please note that as we continue to embed our hybrid working environment, we remain in a test and learn phase, which means that working arrangements may be subject to change on reasonable notice to ensure we meet the needs of our business.
What will you be doing?
• Driving delivery of key Stress Testing deliverables for both BE stakeholders and wider Group stakeholders, these would include EBA ST and Internal Stress Tests
• Producing ad-hoc MI and sensitivity analysis to solve business needs
• Leading (as needed) on ad hoc projects and supporting both wider programme and leading particular workstreams for longer-term programmes (e.g. transformation)
• Being involved with scenario modelling and analysis of the financial performance of BE
• Driving continuous improvement and efficiencies by streamlining processes and reporting
• Ensuring solid control environment and continuous process improvements are in place
• Identifying in advance any communication, resolution or escalations of all control issues that arise
• Maintaining and operating a fit for purpose systems and datasets for reporting, planning and analysis and alignment to common control data sets
What we’re looking for:
• Experience in Stress Testing or Financial Planning and a broad understanding of Finance and Banking
• Excellent organisational skills in prioritising and managing multiple deliverables
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Understanding of wider commercial aspects including P&L and Balance Sheet analysis
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Excellent communication skills, particularly having the ability to summarise large amounts of data and present in a concise and readily understood format
• Ability to communicate complex financial analysis to non-financial people
• Experience in communicating and building relationships with Senior Stakeholders
• Professional accountancy qualification or equivalent relevant experience e.g. ACA, CIMA, ACCA
Where will you be working?
Our new state-of-the-art Campus, right in the heart of Glasgow is a hub of creative collaboration. A place where everyone can bring their true selves to work and reach their full potential. Home to 5,000 of our colleagues, our Tradeston campus will support the community in more ways than one - by creating thousands of new career opportunities and celebrating local artists. A short walk from Central Station on the south of the Clyde, it will be a key location for the Barclays business that will deepen our ties with the city and its communities.