As a Barclays Operations Manager, you will lead a sub-team of Transactional Monitoring Analysts conducting dedicated and robust AML investigations. Your team will provide high value, thorough investigations that are business critical. Your team will liaise directly with customers, Correspondent Banks and stakeholders (either face to face, telephone or email) maintaining a professional manner and delivering excellent client service whilst requesting and managing potentially sensitive client information.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognizes and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a career, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances.] Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager
What will you be doing?
• Ensuring that all alerts are managed in accordance with policy
• Managing alert queues to ensure SLA’s are met
• Managing a sub-team, in either an onshore and offshore location, in order to meet delivery requirements
• Ensuring all sub-team members are appropriately trained and skilled in order to effectively carry out their duties
• Ensuring all activity is delivered in accordance with processes, procedures, and the control framework in place
• Providing guidance and decisions to the sub-team to support their review activity
What we’re looking for:
• Proven experience of working at one with other colleagues, to achieve and often beat their objectives and assist others in doing so and be a role model for their sub-team
• Demonstrating ability to be, a subject matter expert in AML, Correspondent Banking Transactional Monitoring
• Developing, an excellent knowledge of relevant systems (e.g. Customer Gateway, Fortent, SAM8, MANTAS)
• Ability to make tough decisions based on supporting evidence, and be able to support those decisions
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong problem solving abilities
• Proven experience working in an environment that has enabled them to gain a broad understanding of Financial Services and or Financial Crime
• Broad knowledge of operational risk requirements and standards applicable to the relevant processes and procedures
Where will you be working?
Our new state-of-the-art Campus, right in the heart of Glasgow is a hub of creative collaboration. A place where everyone can bring their true selves to work and reach their full potential. Home to 5,000 of our colleagues, our Tradeston campus will support the community in more ways than one - by creating thousands of new career opportunities and celebrating local artists. A short walk from Central Station on the south of the Clyde, it will be a key location for the Barclays business that will deepen our ties with the city and its communities.
#LI-Remote and #LI-Hybrid