Treasury Controls Business Partner
As a Barclays Treasury Controls Business Partner, your will be accountable for supporting various Treasury transaction cycles and the overall Treasury function, ensuring implementation and embedment of the Enterprise Risk Management Framework (ERMF), Barclays Controls Framework (BCF), Risk & Control Frameworks and governance procedures. Your role covers a number of areas of Risk Management, providing subject matter expertise to Treasury in order to understand and manage their risk profile through an effective control environment.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognizes and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a career, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able
What will you be doing?
• You will be leading risk Management advice to Treasury on key risks and controls during emerging issues and events
• You will be in charge of the SME (Subject Matter Expertise) advice to the Treasury function
• Assisting with defined Treasury Chief Controls Office activities with stakeholders
• Providing well informed assistance, education and awareness relating to issues management
• Monitoring key indicators and providing MI and insights to Treasury leadership to oversee their risk profile
• Assisting management and coordination of control reporting and regular management briefings
What we’re looking for:
• Proven previous control experience in major business area or function
• Ability to influence at senior management level
• Proven ability to apply judgement and balance risk versus business interest whilst ensuring compliance to all relevant policies and standards
• Excellent Excel skills including extensive experience in managing large quantities of data, pivots, formulas, Vlookups, knowledge of PowerPoint
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Formal Accounting qualification (ACCA, CIMA, ACA or equivalent)
• Broad and comprehensive knowledge of concepts and principles within Treasury in Barclays, or similar financial institution
• Knowledgeable on aspects of Enterprise Risk Management Framework (ERMF), Operational Risk Framework (ORF) and Barclays Control Framework (BCF)
• Broad experience in risk management and controls
Where will you be working?
Our new state-of-the-art Campus, right in the heart of Glasgow is a hub of creative collaboration. A place where everyone can bring their true selves to work and reach their full potential. Home to 5,000 of our colleagues, our Tradeston campus will support the community in more ways than one - by creating thousands of new career opportunities and celebrating local artists. A short walk from Central Station on the south of the Clyde, it will be a key location for the Barclays business that will deepen our ties with the city and its communities.
#LI-Remote and #LI-Hybrid